Individual Consultant – DFS Program Support
Report to: Director DFS
Please find attached the relevant TORs for the required consultant.
TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Thematic Area: Digital Financial Services
Project Title: DFS Program Support
Expected Start Date: 29th April, 2019
Expected End Date: 29th October, 2019
Task Manager: Chief Digital Officer
About Karandaaz Pakistan
KARANDAAZ PAKISTAN, a private company established in August 2014, promotes access to finance for small businesses through a commercially directed investment platform, and financial inclusion for individuals by employing technology enabled digital solutions. The Company has financial and institutional support from leading international development finance institutions; principally the United Kingdom Department for International Development (UKAid) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP), a member of the World Bank Group, provides technical support to Karandaaz Pakistan.
Karandaaz Pakistan operates through four program verticals:
- Karandaaz Digital: Provides technical assistance and services to promote financial inclusion through technology enabled solutions. Karandaaz Digital is working with national regulators, public agencies, private corporations, and technology entrepreneurs to strengthen national payments infrastructure, digitizing government to people payments, corporate supply chains, and supporting FinTech innovation in Pakistan.
- Karandaaz Capital: Provides growth capital through credit facilities and private equity investments in small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) with the objective of generating commercial financial returns for Karandaaz and support broad-based employment generation in Pakistan.
- Karandaaz Knowledge Management and Communication: Develops and disseminates evidence-based insights and solutions to inform the core themes of the company, including innovation, women entrepreneurship and youth, and to influence the financial eco-system to promote financial inclusion in Pakistan. Regulatory and Policy analysis and advocacy to address the remaining policy barriers to digital financial inclusion is part of KMC.
- Karandaaz Innovation: Innovation Challenge Fund (ICF) running under Karandaaz Innovation provides risk capital and grants to partners with an aim to generate innovative yet practicable solutions for solving complex problems in areas of financial inclusion and entrepreneurship. The Fund is especially focused on addressing stubborn barriers faced by SMEs, women and youth in accessing appropriate financial services and participating in the economy.
About the Project
Karandaaz Pakistan (“Karandaaz”) is looking for a consultant to assist the Karandaaz Digital team. The candidate will be housed at Karandaaz Pakistan office in Islamabad for 6 months.
Scope of Work
The consultant will be required to work on the following deliverables;
- Support the DFS team including project office and project managers with project management, coordination and preparing necessary documentation of ongoing projects.
- Coordinate internal activities for DFS program including coordination with procurement and finance for invoice tracking and payments.
- Create reports and presentations as and when required of ongoing projects
- Conduct secondary research as and when required for the DFS projects
- Provide other support to DFS team as and when required
Timeline & Location
The Engagement shall commence in mid of April 2019 and expected to be concluded in 6 months from the start date in Karandaaz Islamabad Office.
Requirements for the Consultant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, business administration or related fields required from a renowned national- HEC recognized- or international university.
- Degree and /or certification in Project Management
- Knowledge of digital financial services sector .
- Very good understanding of Karandaaz DFS projects
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to think out of the box and solve day to day operational issues
- Must be self-driven, highly organized and able to work and deliver in a diverse team.
Technical Evaluation Criteria
Consultant Profile 80%
- More than 4 years work overall experience
- Clear understanding of Karandaaz DFS Projects and Program
- Ability to perform the support role
- Experience in working in Digital Financial Services in a not-for-profit company
Documents to be submitted
Interested individuals are kindly requested to submit an updated and comprehensive CV and monthly rate quoted for this assignment.
The documents should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 19 th April.