Associate (Green Financing Team)
Report to: Chief Investment Officer & Head of Corporate Investment & Credit
Application deadline for the position is June 14, 2021
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Associate Green will be responsible and will have expertise in solar/renewable energy project financing. The incumbent will interact with key stakeholders, including regulatory bodies, banks, small and medium enterprises and renewable energy solution providers.
The core functions and responsibilities include the following:
- Lead detailed industry analysis (market size and growth, structure and value chain, competitive landscape etc.) for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in key target industries
- Evaluate and execute investment transactions (screening, valuation, structuring, term sheets, negotiations, documentation, value enhancement plan, exit) to invest Green capital for RE/EE projects with potential for profitable growth and sustainable job creation
- Conduct Energy Audits either directly or through consultants to determine eligibility and viability of replacing existing equipment with energy efficient alternatives.
- Review and track government incentives in adoption of SE/EE technology in Pakistan and build financing products around those schemes in partnership with financial institutions
- Structure equity and quasi equity investments to invest long-term Green capital with potential for profitable growth and sustainable job creation
- Monitor, track and report portfolio performance and generate impact reports
- Under supervision of the CIO, manage and lead transaction teams
- Prepare Investment Committee and Board documentation
Education and Experience
- Preferably a masters’ level degree in finance, economics, accounting or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani institution. Certificate or degree in alternate energy will be given preference.
- Minimum of 7-8 years of experience in corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting, principal investing in alternate energy projects, impact investing, or M&A group of a recognized multinational corporation
- Preference will be given to candidates having experience with:
- solar/renewable project financing;
- energy audit of equipment either directly or through consultants;
- working with an energy generation equipment supplier;
- funding of alternate energy projects at a bank or a private equity fund.
- Professional exposure of working in Pakistan
Desired Skills and Experience
- Self-starter, motivated to build a high impact investment business for micro, small and medium size enterprises in Pakistan preferably within the energy and finance sector
- Strong command of oral and written English and conversant in Urdu/regional languages
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 14th June, 2021.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.