Expert, Digital Financial Services
Report to: Director, DFS
The Consultant will be responsible for providing expert input on procuring technology partner for launching mobile money order service at Pakistan Post. The Consultant will coordinate activities with relevant stakeholders to ensure projects delivers the expected scope in the given timeline. Consultant should be able to build strong, partnerships with stakeholders, manage expectations, and ensure the appropriate level of communication for multiple audiences. The Consultant is expected to understand the overall business requirements and suggest all possible way forwards to concerned project team at Pakistan Post.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely on a daily basis with the project teams at Pakistan Post and where needed, review key deliverables related to project.
- Advise/ Assist partners in reviewing /evaluating various digital payment system models and establish/lay down evaluation criterion for complex and advanced payment systems in accordance with the best international practices.
- Develop robust parameters for ensuring a competitive bidding of development of digital payment system model at Pakistan Post assisting in the selection of right public private partnership model
- Draft Terms of References and Scope of Work in line with the relevant/applicable laws & policies, to engage with partners for development of mobile money order service.
- Prepare bidding documents for the procurement of digital payment system using appropriate public private partnership model
- Advise and support the procurement committee of Pakistan Post in the evaluation of proposals
- Advise/assist partners in preparing and executing project/work plans, agreements, and revenue/business models etc.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, business administration or related fields required from a renowned national- HEC recognized- or international university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in formal financial institution/Telecom/ mobile financial services sector
- Relevant Experience of designing and/or implementing digital payment system architectures particularly in mobile banking technology space.
- Deep Technical understanding among market solutions for mobile, data integration, payment services, fraud and security, user identity and accounts.
- Experience in managing complex technology projects and teams to on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Should have understanding of open source development and developer community, and be actively engaged with tech innovators in country.
- Having Knowledge and Skill set for understanding mobile money/payments systems/core banking system deployment
- Understands the business benefits of the project and the linkage between the project/program goals and organizational strategy and drivers.
- Experience in managing complex projects
- Understanding of mobile payment solutions/digital payment systems, especially in developing markets, and payment system actors, infrastructure, and regulations.
- Solid knowledge and expertise utilizing project management and change management frameworks for successful project delivery across the project lifecycle.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate large and complex ideas and recommendations to a diverse set of stakeholders including highly technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to think out of the box and solve critical technology issues and communicate solution/ recommendations to a disparate group of stakeholders.
- Must be self-driven, highly organized and able to work and deliver in a diverse team and start-up environment
Note: Interested individuals can send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org the position title in the subject line.
Application deadline for the position is Sunday, November 13, 2016.