Program Manager – DFS
Report to: Director Digital Financial Services
Application deadline for the position is April 3, 2018
Karandaaz Pakistan is seeking a Program Manager to provide project and portfolio management support. The Program Manager is a member of the Digital Financial Services (DFS) Team reporting to the Director DFS. The individual will support the senior management in identifying and developing partnerships that will be critical to accelerating financial inclusion in Pakistan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager is responsible for overall program management that includes a host of projects ranging from large complex technology projects to digital experiments and research studies. Responsibilities include monitoring progress and inputs against targets, milestones and key decisions; facilitating monthly and annual programmatic and financial planning processes; preparing materials for the Advisory Committee and the Board of Directors.
The core functions and responsibilities include the following:
1. Project/Program Management
- Provides project management for large, complex grants; monitors progress and inputs against targets, milestones and key decisions; provides analytical and research support to team as needed
- Oversees implementation of work plans. Works closely with the team members to deliver projects through interactions with project managers at our partners/grantees.
- Conveys the importance of each project and related work efforts to the overall program and organizational performance objectives.
- Ensures strategic alignment, identifying opportunities to achieve strategic objectives through program implementation.
- Ensures the overall program structure and program management processes enable the program and its component teams to successfully complete their work.
- Facilitates preparation of materials for annual budgeting and planning; manages process to update work plans.
- This role may manage people (Program Coordinators) and be responsible for ensuring successful employee onboarding, communicating performance expectations, creating goal alignment, integrating project and change management, giving and seeking feedback internally and externally (with our partners and grantees), providing coaching, measuring progress and holding people accountable, supporting employee development, and recognizing achievement and lessons learned.
2. Strategic Planning and Leadership Support
- Facilitates preparation of materials for strategy reviews, learning sessions, briefings, and submissions to Donors, CEO and Board of Directors.
- Supports development of annual Program work plans and Strategic Plan.
- Through annual planning, work plan development and budgeting sets goals and implements portions of the strategic plan.
- Captures and understands internal stakeholder needs and expectations, analyzing the impact of the program on stakeholders, gaining and maintaining stakeholder support, managing stakeholder communications, and mitigating/channeling stakeholder resistance.
- Establishes processes and procedures for maintaining program oversight and decision-making support for policies and practices throughout the course of the program.
- Accountable for ensuring program complies with established portfolio management governance and processes including quarterly reviews, and annual planning.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in business administration, economics or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani Institution.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in project/program management within financial services – or development-related field, preferred.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and understand policy compliance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of budgeting, financial analysis and synthesis.
- Knowledge of and practice in monitoring and evaluation principles and approaches
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, diverse team and be comfortable in multiple, high varied settings, and tight deadlines with different work and learning styles.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing demands, and establish priorities.
- Passion for the mission and alignment with core values of the organization.
Note: Please send your applications to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject. Deadline for applications is April 3rd, 2018.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.