Report to: Senior Manager Communications
Application deadline for the position is March 10, 2019
- Propose new strategies, ideas, and activities for Karandaaz Pakistan that are linked to its brand voice and expand its outreach efforts through Communication and Outreach as part of the work undertaken by the Knowledge Management and Communication (KM&C) vertical. Also, work with the Line Manager to plan and implement these strategies with minimal oversight;
- Play a driving role as part of the team in various communications and outreach activities, such as media and PR, publications and products, company website, newsletter, constant contacts, press releases, social media, videos, editorial and creative services, mass media campaigns, and events etc. as and when assigned;
- Take lead role in developing and managing the company’s presence on and effective use of online and digital media including social media management and campaigns, website and any ensuing portals, SEO for the website, adwords, content creation and marketing/boosting etc. Propose, and upon approval, implement a strategic plan for improving the effectiveness of these platforms for various segments of Karandaaz’s target audiences leading to growth in social media visibility as well as improvements in website design, effectiveness, visits, and SEO;
- Work with the Line Manager for drafting clear and standard procurement requests (TPARs/OPARs/SOWs) according to highest industry standards for different communications mediums/services such as mass media campaigns, PR services, advertising agency services, digital media services, printing, event management etc. Also working with and following up with the procurement department to onboard the most suitable vendors and effectively managing and supervising such contracts;
- Tracking and reporting progress of the communications efforts and key progress indicators such as media mentions, social media followers, and website visitors, number of people accessing reports to the line manager on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis or as and when required. Use this information to present key findings, analysis, insights and implications of Karandaaz’s communication portfolio;
- Develop strong and accurate content drafts for reviews of the line managers to be used on social media, print media, website, and publications etc. to highlight Karandaaz work and the activities of Karandaaz’s work streams;
- Contribute to the KMC work plan and coordinate budgeting and spend issues with finance department; following up with the line manager that the communications department is meeting its targets for the financial and budgetary plans;
- Establish moderation policies for each platform and moderate user-generated content;
- Ensure proper record keeping, archiving, and stock taking for all communications related assets, documents, databases, records, videos and photo archives etc.
- Any other tasks as may be given by the supervisor.
- Bachelors’ degree preferably in communications, marketing, business, new media or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani institution (Masters’ degree preferable);
- 2-5 years of solid experience in the field of communications and external relations, with proven experience in managing communication duties for an organization similar to the scope and scale of Karandaaz including; PR, mass media campaigns, social media platforms, website management, direct marketing, events, and reporting;
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with content management systems and site platforms, familiarity with WordPress, experience in digital marketing and understanding of search engine optimization, and other avenues of new-age and digital/online media;
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editing and presentation skills;
- Excellent networking and PR skills;
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Passionate and self-driven with the ability to handle assignments with minimal supervision;
- Decision-making skills, analytical skills and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to interact with and manage stakeholders at senior level;
- Ability to manage vendors effectively.
- Proficient in MS. Office;
- Excellent content development and presentation drafting skills;
- Excellent ability to analyze and synthesize information/report findings and present it using appropriate frameworks (infographics, insights, newsflashes, MS Excel etc.);
- Some level of proficiency over designing softwares such as coral draw and/or photoshop and basic programming in wordpress for website management and updates.
- Experience of working with corporate entities and/or international donor agencies will be an added advantage.
Please send your applications to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject. Deadline for applications is March 10th, 2019.
Note: Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.