Report to: Senior Manager Communications
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Application deadline for the position is January 18, 2022
Guided by the Karandaaz Vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based in Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Play a supporting role in proposing new strategies, ideas, and activities for Karandaaz Pakistan that are linked to its brand voice and expand its outreach efforts through Communication and Outreach. Work with the Line Manager to plan and implement these strategies with minimal oversight
- Play a role as part of the team in various communications and outreach activities, such as media and PR, publications and products, company website, newsletter, constant contacts, press releases, social media, videos, editorial and creative services, mass media campaigns, events etc.
- Take lead role in developing and managing company’s presence on and effective use of online and digital media including social media management and campaigns, website and ensuing portals, SEO for the website, adwords, content creation and marketing/boosting etc. Propose, and upon approval, implement a strategic plan for improving the effectiveness of these platforms leading to growth in social media visibility as well as improvements in the website and other digital media channels
- Work with the Line Manager to draft clear and standard procurement requests (TPARs/OPARs/SOWs) according to highest industry standards for different communications mediums/services such as mass media campaigns, PR services, advertising agency services, digital media services, printing, event management etc. Also work with and follow up with procurement department to onboard the most suitable vendors and effectively liaison such contracts and track performance
- Track and report progress of the communications unit and key progress indicators such as media mentions, social media followers, and website visitors, number of people accessing reports to the line manager on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis or as and when required. Use this information to present key findings, analysis, insights and implications of Karandaaz’s communication portfolio
- Develop strong and accurate content drafts for reviews of the line manager to be used on social media, print media, website, and publications etc. to highlight Karandaaz and the various activities of Karandaaz’s work streams
- Manage ‘Constant Contact’, the mass email platform used by Karandaaz, for sending bulk emails to selection of contacts available in data base; add more contacts as and when required; retrieve contacts; track and report performance etc.
- Contribute to the KMC work plan and coordinate budgeting and spend with finance department; follow up with the line manager so that the communications department is meeting its targets for the financial and budgetary plans
- Ensure proper record keeping, archiving, and stock taking for all communications related assets, documents, databases, records, trackers, videos and photo archives etc.
- Any other tasks as may be given by the supervisor
- Bachelors’ degree preferably in communications, marketing, business, new media or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani institution (Masters’ degree preferable)
- 2-5 years of solid experience in the field of communications and external relations, with proven experience in managing communication duties for an organization similar to the scope and scale of Karandaaz including; PR, mass media campaigns, social media platforms, website management, direct marketing, events, and reporting
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with content management systems and site platforms, familiarity with WordPress, experience in digital marketing and understanding of search engine optimization, and other avenues of new-age and digital/online media
- Excellent writing, proofreading, editing and presentation skills
- Excellent networking and PR skills
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Passionate and self-driven with the ability to handle assignments with minimal supervision
- Decision-making skills, analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with and manage stakeholders at senior level
- Ability to manage vendors effectively
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent content development and presentation drafting skills
- Excellent ability to analyze and synthesize information/report findings and present it using appropriate frameworks (infographics, insights, newsflashes, MS Excel, etc.)
- Some level of proficiency over design software such as coral draw and/or Photoshop and basic programming in WordPress for website management and updates
- Experience of working with corporate entities and/or international donor agencies will be an advantage
Culture & Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in the Karandaaz Vision & Values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to email@example.com, clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 18th January, 2022.
Karandaaz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and differently-abled individuals are encouraged to apply.