Analyst, DFS Insights
Report to: Program Manager DFS
Application deadline for the position is September 16, 2020
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Department for International Development (DFID) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
Karandaaz Pakistan seeks an Analyst, DFS Insights for its Digital Financial Services (DFS) program. The successful candidate will be the nexus for all Insights and Analytics work conducted in DFS area. This will include generating insights and data analytics from the various DFS projects, being a knowledge base for the DFS team on relevant insights and trends in the wider industry and economy and generating content where required (such as, newsletters, fact sheets, infographics). The candidate will work closely with all internal and external stakeholders to produce and deliver the above and to ensure that it is executed efficiently, with consistently high quality, and in full alignment with Karandaaz Pakistan’s broader objectives.
For this position, Karandaaz Pakistan seeks someone capable of taking a big picture view of the Insights and Analytics work area, whilst executing and managing the day-to-day details needed to ensure success. The successful candidate will be skilled at collecting, organizing and interpreting data, identifying trends and patterns and analyzing results using statistical techniques. The candidate should also have excellent communication and storytelling skills. Working within a small core team, the incumbent will identify and collect relevant datapoints, conduct data analysis, write reports, and work with subject matter experts, whilst ensuring that Karandaaz Pakistan’s deliverables contain meaningful/actionable content, and are presented in an accessible and appealing way. This person will also play a lead role in coordinating dissemination of DFS work.
- Responsible for successful execution of the insights work plan ensuring timely completion of deliverables and milestones
- Responsible for analyzing a wide range of data from primary and secondary research to help inform the digital financial services team in designing future interventions in the private and public sector
- Work very closely with workstream leads in DFS to ensure timely capturing of data and insights from ongoing projects and interventions
- Synthesizing data and analysis into impactful, action-orientated reports for internal stakeholders
- Communicate the key findings and insight to senior stakeholders and peers both conversationally and in formal presentation style
- Ensure effective dissemination of insights, knowledge products and other information to maximize reach
- Maintain knowledge of previous analysis to avoid duplication and to share learnings from relevant past projects
- Develop a research agenda for the DFS industry to support industry development
Technical Skills, Education & Experience
- Four years Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration/economics/finance – or related field of study from a reputable international or Pakistani institution
- At least two years of relevant experience of managing analytics, research and/or insights projects
- Proficient in research, writing and analytical skills.
- Prior experience in digital industry, financial services or development finance will be a big plus
- Ability to gather data and information from various local and international sources like WB, SBP, FII, CGAP etc. that is relevant to Pakistan.
- Ability to synthesize researches, case studies, industry notes into actionable findings
- Ability to evaluate Outcomes and Outputs of Karandaaz DFS program and identify insights and knowledge gaps and opportunities in DFS interventions.
- Ability to recommend and design insights and/or research projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Data visualization skills (writing, speaking and presentation)
- Ability to manage research vendors, develop TORs (Terms of reference) for research projects
- Ability to build a central repository of relevant data, insights and in-depth knowledge of the DFS space in Pakistan
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, synthesize and intuitively present research in compelling reports and presentations
- Experience of working on statistical analysis including experiment design, predictive analysis will be a plus;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data/information and present it using appropriate frameworks
- Expert in quantitative analysis tools
- Passion to drive Financial Inclusion agenda in Pakistan
- Self-driven with the ability to handle assignments with minimal supervision
- Highly organized, with demonstrated project and time management skills
- Ability to work to multiple and tight deadlines with a commitment to quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player and self-starter, shows initiative; works independently; has innate curiosity; passion for research, analysis and delivering insights to the market
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your resumes for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till September, 16th 2020.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.