Report to: Manager Finance
Application deadline for the position is October 20, 2022
Karandaaz (KRN) believes that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our mission at Karandaaz is to foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a not-for-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
The incumbent will support all Finance related functions of Karandaaz Pakistan and is expected to ensure utmost facilitation to all KRN staff at all stages of the employee lifecycle starting from onboarding to their separation from the organization. They will also be expected provide creative input on how operations of the Finance department can be automated and where value can be added in order to ensure optimum service delivery.
Monthly Operational Functions
- Process all payments and ensure their accurate tax calculations and submission to the GoP within agreed timelines. Follow up with Tax Consultants regularly to seek both direct and indirect tax opinions on payments where required.
- Payroll preparation and reconciliation
- Payment of EOBI Challans
- Payment of taxes to FBR
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Aging analysis of payables and receivables
- Adjustments of pre-payments and advances
- Monitor petty cash payments and resolve discrepancies
- Calculation of depreciation on fixed assets
- Payment of employer and employees’ contribution to the Provident Fund account
- Maintain books of employees’ Provident Fund
- Profit recalculation of all bank accounts to ensure there is no discrepancy
- Book financial transactions in Financial Management System (FMS) to ensure smooth month-end and annual closing
- File monthly, quarterly and annual withholding tax statements for payroll and vendors.
- Reconciliation of General Ledger to Fixed Asset Register. Quarterly updating of Fixed Asset Register.
- Quarterly reporting to Economic Affair Division in compliance with SRO 121 (compliance with licensing conditions)
- Ensure monthly closing of books of accounts on timely basis in order to meet reporting deadlines
- Assist Manager Finance in monthly reporting
- Act as liaison with user departments for information on adhoc reporting
- Liaison with internal and external auditors during audit proceedings
- Any other task necessary to ensure the optimum performance of the Finance department
A preferred candidate will need to have:
Education & Experience
- CA (Finalist)/ACCA (Finalist)/MBA Finance/M.Com or equivalent degree from a reputable institution
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience of donor funded projects will be a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of a not-for-profit organization
- Understanding of the financial sector and an appetite to learn more
- Knowledge of reputable financial MIS such as SAP, Oracle, Dynamics.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Time management skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Relationship management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with a diverse team of people
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in the Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position at email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications by all population groups