Analyst Knowledge Management
Report to: Senior Manager Knowledge Management
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Application deadline for the position is January 5, 2022
Guided by the Karandaaz Vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based in Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
Karandaaz Pakistan seeks to hire an Analyst, Knowledge Management (KM). The primary responsibility of the incumbent is to support the Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) team in developing and executing research strategies and projects undertaken at Karandaaz Pakistan, and managing the data portal and company blog. From time-to-time, the incumbent will also provide support in developing and executing communications strategies, collateral and tasks.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Build a thorough understanding of the financial access landscape in Pakistan, including the regulatory landscape, players, opportunities and challenges, especially in the SME finance, digital finance and innovation and entrepreneurship areas
- Support the development and execution of research strategies based on identification of research gaps within Karandaaz’s focus areas
- Work with Senior Manager KM to developing requests for proposal (RFP) and terms of reference (TOR) documents
- Conduct primary and secondary research (alone or as part of a team), synthesize external research, and draw on international lessons to collate, consolidate and document findings into reports, information notes, blogs, presentations
- Provide assistance in research required for potential investments under Karandaaz’s strategic portfolio
- Manage and ensure quality (accuracy and responsiveness to TORs) of research projects outsourced by KMC
- Ensure accuracy of technical content, quality and timeliness across all research projects
- Remain abreast of global research relevant to Karandaaz’s development agenda
- Data Portal:
- Coordinate with the vendor on overall development of the Karandaaz Data Portal. Identifying data sources, ensuring accurate ingestion of data, proper functionality of portal features and layouts
- Ongoing monitoring of deliverables/reports due under the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Coordinate with the portal vendor on timely updation of data sources
- Coordinate with the portal vendor on change/service requests; and keeping a track of such changes
- Identify partnerships and data sources to augment portal database offering
- Oversee activities on portal marketing to drive uptake and use
- Blog Management:
- Manage the Karandaaz Pakistan blog
- Create and maintain the blog calendar for the year (recruit writers, set blog topics, brainstorm outlines and finalize blog post flows)
- Author blogs and newspaper articles focusing on KRN initiatives and learnings
- Work with blog contributors to ensure quality and technical accuracy (provide feedback on outlines, edit draft posts and finalize)
- Post blogs online and monitor activity (social media shares and unique views) for each post
- Dissemination of Knowledge:
- Provide support on developing and executing dissemination strategies for research products
- Coordinate with the Communications team for design and publishing of reports and also to create materials for wider outreach (infographics, events, newspaper articles)
- Prepare bespoke communications materials pertaining to reports released by Karandaaz to ensure uptake among varied audience groups including policy makers, financial service providers, donors, etc.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to Director KMC, and Senior Manager KM in preparing annual departmental budget and work plan
- Cross check and document budget spend and identify variances; assist in annual budgetary revisions during the year
- Work with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) team from time-to-time to enable efficient and accurate donor reporting (on monthly/quarterly/annual basis)
- Keep track of project invoices and coordinate with the Procurement and Finance teams on settlement of outstanding dues
- Coordination with the Procurement team in case of any change to the terms of the project contract and execution of any contract addendums/modification, thereafter
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or a comparable field from a reputable international or Pakistani institution
- 2-3 years of experience preferably in economic and financial research/financial consulting/financial advisory firm
- Passionate and self-driven with the ability to handle assignments with minimal supervision
- Team player with ability to work across departmental teams
- Have strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interface with and manage stakeholders at senior level
- Demonstrate a learning mindset
- Strong understanding of economics and financial concepts (equity, debt, due diligence, financial ratios, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of financial and macro economic data sources and data sets in Pakistan
- Excellent report writing and presentation drafting skills
- Excellent ability to analyze and synthesize data/information and present it using appropriate frameworks
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of the financial access space (especially digital finance and small medium enterprise financing) will be an added advantage
Culture & Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in the Karandaaz Vision & Values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 5th January, 2022.
Karandaaz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and differently-abled individuals are encouraged to apply.