Assistant Manager Finance
Report to: Senior Manager Finance
Application deadline for the position is November 20, 2022
Karandaaz (KRN) believes that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our mission at Karandaaz is to foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a not-for-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
The incumbent will support the Senior Manager Finance in matters related to financial reporting, auditing and taxation.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements/condensed financials in accordance with the IFRS/IAS and Companies Act 2017.
- Prepare and submit various financial reports to the management on monthly basis
- Assist in analysing various financial instruments (including equity/debt instruments etc.). with respect to their accounting treatment and presentation on the balance sheet of the company.
- Assist in monthly closing of books of accounts
- Assist in closure of monthly reporting pack
- Prepare and maintain reports and documents related to SME lending portfolio
- Assist in both internal and external audit proceedings of the company and during sponsors’ annual reviews/due diligence/periodic assessments etc.
- Review and take corrective measures on audit reports submitted by grantees of the company
- Assist in analysing financial statements of associated companies and prepare various analysis based on reported data along with determination of their post implementation accounting/reporting impact on the balance sheet of parent company.
- Review monthly/quarterly profits on investments and bank deposits to ensure data accuracy.
- Liaise with the Credit administration department to ensure timely availability of monthly financial data including principal outstanding and profit earned against portfolio.
- Liaison with the tax advisor for submission of annual tax returns of the company and its Employees Provident Fund
- Assist in preparing/reviewing responses against tax notices received from the FBR
- Assist the team in data migration in Oracle Fusion
- Any other task necessary to ensure the optimum performance of the Finance department
A preferred candidate will need to have:
Education & Experience
- CA (Finalist)/ACCA (Qualified) or equivalent from a reputable institute.
- At least 05 years of relevant work experience. Experience of donor funded projects will be a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of a not-for-profit organization
- Understanding of the financial sector and an appetite to learn more
- Knowledge of reputable financial MIS such as SAP, Oracle, Dynamics.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Time management skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Relationship management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with a diverse team of people
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your resume for this position to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications by all population groups