Associate Program Manager, Corporate Investment & Credit
Report to: Chief Investment Officer & Head of Corporate Investment & Credit
Application deadline for the position is June 28, 2021
Karandaaz believes that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a not-for-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
As the Program Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for providing project and portfolio management support. The individual will be a member of the Corporate Investment and Credit (CIC) Team reporting to Chief Investment Officer and will provide support in management of projects undertaken by the CIC team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager is responsible for overall program management that includes a host of projects and sub-programs. This involves management of the existing investment portfolio and planning & governance of the potential investments in pipeline. This person will responsible for the developing effective mechanism of portfolio planning, portfolio roll out, portfolio governance and maintenance. This require effective collaboration with all stakeholders and develop a mechanism where by progress could be monitored and reported effectively to CIO and other stakeholders. The typical projects would include managing the stakeholders of private equity investments, risk participation partnership and strategic investments with financial institutions. Responsibilities would also include program design, contract management, monitoring progress and inputs against targets, facilitating monthly and annual programmatic and financial planning processes; preparing materials for the Investment Committee, the Board of Directors and Donors. The position will work closely with Finance, KMC (Knowledge Management & Communication), MEL (Monitoring Evaluation & Learning) and other functions to successfully execute the agenda and program of the CIC team.
The core functions and responsibilities include the following:
a. Project/Program Management
- Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
- Provide Program Management oversight to the approved portfolio by working in close collaboration with investment leads for effective execution of the approved investments projects.
- Able to provide project management support for complex private equity investment; lending programs with financial institutions and SME’s,
- Able to develop effective processes for roll out of Investment project from Ideation till KRN Board approval and then subsequent roll out. (Efficient time to market)
- Able to manage all backend processes with all internal stakeholders like finance, procurement, Risk and Audit
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
- Develop Investment Portfolio planning framework where by potential investment pipeline could be established through effective project prioritization framework
- Provide automation to CIC division by supporting and ensuring effective ERP roll out
- Establish a robust monitoring mechanism during the complete Investment life cycle leads to proactive issue resolution ultimately contributing to effective time to market
- Oversees implementation of work plans. Works closely with the team members to deliver the progress of various projects undertaken by the team
- Work closely with project sponsor and cross-functional teams to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
- Ensures the overall program structure and program management processes enable the program and its component teams to successfully complete their work
- Ensures accurate budgeting and accounting of expenditure and compliance with policies and procedures of the Program
- Central point of contact for all interdepartmental and cross departmental communication and reportin
b. Strategic Planning and Leadership Support
- Facilitates preparation of materials for strategy reviews, learning sessions, briefings, and submissions to Donors, CIO and Board of Directors.
- Supports development of annual Program work plans and Strategic Plan through effective portfolio planning framework
- Through annual planning, work plan development and budgeting, sets goals and implements portions of the strategic plan
- Captures and understands internal stakeholder needs and expectations, analyzing the impact of the program on stakeholders
- Establishes processes and procedures for maintaining program oversight and decision-making support for policies and practices throughout the course of the program.
- Accountable for ensuring program complies with established portfolio management governance and processes including quarterly reviews, and annual planning
Education and Experience
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in business administration, Finance, economics or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani Institution
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in project/program management within the big 4 accounting firms, financial services, telecom or development-related field, preferred
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and understand policy compliance
- Must be passionate about the tasks at hand and able to deliver under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of budgeting, financial analysis and synthesis
- Knowledge of and practice in monitoring and evaluation principles and approaches
- Knowledge of donor-funded programs is desirable
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, diverse team and be comfortable in multiple, high varied settings, and tight deadlines with different work and learning styles
- Ability to manage multiple and competing demands, and establish priorities
- Passion for the mission and alignment with core values of the organization
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 28th June, 2021.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.