Chief Investment Officer & Head of Corporate Investment & Credit
Report to: CEO Karandaaz
Application deadline for the position is May 14, 2017
- Develop double bottom-line credit and equity pipeline business for Karandaaz Pakistan
- Oversee origination, execution, post-acquisition management and exit of the company’s Investment portfolio
- Structure funded risk participation structures to leverage and invest risk capital into projects that have high SME development and employment impact.
- Work closely with Digital Financial Services team , and, Research team to identify and leverage cross functional synergies to help improve SME financial inclusion
- Develop and structure investment partnerships and collaboration with other financial sponsors (funds, financial institutions, DFIs) that include co-investment and prospective LP-GP partnerships to leverage private investment for small and growing businesses
- Develop and structure partnerships and collaboration with financial institutions to leverage private credit provision for small and growing businesses
- Work closely with CEO for investment decisions and portfolio management
- Represent Karandaaz Pakistan in investee companies
- Provide strategic support to CEO Karandaaz in meeting the developmental and financial objectives of Karandaaz
- Should have established relationships at senior level within financial sector and corporates in Pakistan, with an established track record of sourcing and executing equity and credit trades
- Experience in principal investing, investment banking, structured finance, corporate finance, impact investing or M&A group of a recognized multinational corporation
- Experience in originating, executing and managing private equity transactions or corporate mergers and acquisition advisory mandates
- Experience in structured credit or commercial lending to small and mid-size companies
- Experience in financing and/or providing advisory services to small businesses
- Experience in developing high quality Investment and/or Committee documentation and securing investment approvals
- Deep understanding of the SME sector in Pakistan
- A team player with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- The candidate must have at least Minimum 12 years’ experience in principal investing, investment banking, structured finance, corporate finance, impact investing or the M&A group of a recognized multinational corporation. Direct experience in managing and executing private equity or structured finance transactions is critical.
- He/ She must hold a Masters level degree in business, economics, accounting or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani institution
- Knowledge of Pakistan business environment is a must. Candidate must have past experience of working in Pakistan financial sector at senior management level.
- Candidates who can provide strong references with a demonstrable success track record in sourcing and executing credit and equity transactions in Pakistani market will be given a preference
Candidates are requested to submit their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com clearly mentioning the Job title in subject line. Deadline for submission of applications is May 14th, 2017.
Selected candidate will be paid a Monthly Base salary of up to PKR 1.2 M (negotiable) plus other benefits; the candidate will also be eligible for performance-based incentives as per the Board approved policy.
Note: Karandaaz Pakistan is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.