Chief Technology Officer – Parwaaz Financial Services
Report to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Application deadline for the position is November 22, 2020
Parwaaz Financial Services (PFS) will a wholly owned subsidiary of Karandaaz Pakistan – A not-for-profit company funded by FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office) and BMGF (The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) with the vision of having a Financially Included, Empowered Pakistan. Karandaaz works for Financial Inclusion of the MSME through a commercially directed platform. As part of the commitment to increasing access of capital for SME sector, Parwaaz Financial Services will be incorporated as a Non-Bank Financial Company (NBFC) registered with SECP which will be solely focused on providing Credit and Financial Services to the SME Sector which is underserved when compared to other countries in the region.
Karandaaz’s vision is to create a best in class NBFC that can innovate, use cutting edge technology and think of out of the box solution for providing customized solutions for financing needs of the SMEs. The entity will be headquartered in Lahore but is expected to gradually expand its operations across Pakistan.
The incumbent in this position will lead the development and implementation of digital strategy of PFS by using the latest technology solutions. The incumbent will lead the development of a customer-centric technology platform that enables the organization to lend to its target market of SMEs through a user-friendly experience.
- Create and Lead a team of IT professionals, mentor them and ensure that sufficient Technological capacity is created within the NBFC to be able to provide the digital solutions it requires
- Create a customer centric technology platform that enables the organization to lend to its target market and integrate relevant stakeholders including banks, Fintechs, Telecommunication Companies, regulators etc.
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Oversee IT infrastructure design and implement any changes in system architecture in line with best practices and latest trends
- Developing operational plan for setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of every product’s technical, web, and mobile services
- To ensure that the performance of IT systems and services meet service level standards and adhere to policies, including IT security, information management and acceptable IT usage.
- Identify and mobilize national stakeholders who may be of strategic or tactical importance to the success of the initiative.
- Serve as thought leader for the organization by staying abreast of and share digital developments in the financial sector that may impact NBFC’s initiative activities or outcomes.
- Oversee management of local and international IT/Digital Financial Services related service providers and consultants to ensure that the performance meets agreed service levels.
- Manage and propose the overall IT budget for the company in line with overall business strategy and growth plans approved by the board
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards and policies for the servicing, maintenance and usage of IT systems, including documentation, inventories, appropriate usage, data protection, information management, systems security and physical security of IT equipment.
- Oversee effective control of Technology assets in one or more significant areas, ensuring that administration of the acquisition, storage, distribution, movement and disposal of assets is carried out.
- Ensure oversight, identification and reporting of any risks or breaches of standards and policies, liaising with global IT teams, IT security teams, Information Assurance policy teams and other support functions as required.
- Ensure appropriate business continuity and contingency planning is place to mitigate the impact of major IT incidents including the planning, documentation and testing of disaster recovery procedures.
- Advise and assist operations where IT solutions and support is required in the planning and execution of events, activities and projects.
Functional Skills / Knowledge Areas:
- In keeping with the nature of the company, we are looking for people who have a passion for SME finance, are entrepreneurial, energetic, creative, big picture strategic thinkers, and able to get things done.
- Ability to influence and inspire other senior managers in the company
- Demonstrated record of success in managing team with diverse skills on highly complex and risky, business critical problems in developing economies.
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills
- Should be proficient in understanding stakeholder needs and expectations, analyzing the impact of the projects, gaining and maintaining stakeholder support, managing stakeholder communications, and mitigating / channelling stakeholder resistance.
- Master’s Degree in IT, Computer Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent from a reputable international or Pakistani institution.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in the digital financial Sector or equivalent with a strong understanding of financial services especially in developing countries. Banking experience would be highly desirable.
- Experience of working in SME Lending space would be highly desirable
- Senior leadership and project management experience in implementing digital financial sector projects in multiple geographies
- Banking experience will be highly desirable
- International experience of working in DFS space would be an added advantage.
Candidates can email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 22nd November, 2020.
Parwaaz Financial Services will be an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Market competitive remuneration and benefits will be offered.
Please note that the recruitment for PFS is managed by Career Pakistan.