Report to: Functional: Karandaaz Board, Administrative: CEO Karandaaz
Application deadline for the position is March 17, 2020
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Department for International Development (DFID) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives
Karandaaz is seeking a seasoned Company Secretary who will be primarily responsible for supporting the board and ensuring compliance with the Companies Act. He/She will report to the Chair of the Board and will be accountable to the board for successful discharge of the company secretarial duties. For administrative purposes, the company secretary will report to Karandaaz CEO. The incumbent will be the point person for interacting with SECP for all regulatory filing matters including obtaining any approvals related to investment in Associated companies.
Company Secretary will be responsible for the following job responsibilities,
- Ensure compliance with the relevant provisions of Companies Law and rules made there-under and other statutes and bye-laws of the company.
- Ensure that business of the company is conducted in accordance with its objects as contained in its memorandum of association, articles of association and Board Charter and advise the CEO and other executives in respect of legal matters
- Convening and management of all General Body, Board and Board Committee meetings including scheduling of meetings, drafting and obtaining approval for agendas, collating and distributing working papers and presentations, preparing minutes of the meeting and Follow-up action trackers and monitoring compliance of the action items
- Maintaining key corporate documents and records including all statutory registers, general body and board approvals, meeting trackers, attendance sheets and Board members information;
- Manage board annual self-evaluation process through a third party
- Assist the Nominations committee in board members’ skill gap analysis and identification of possible candidates for filling casual vacancies
- Responsible for all statutory filings of forms with regulators including SECP (Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan) and EAD (Economic Affairs Division) along with filling for approvals for associated companies, addition or deletion of a Board Member etc;
- Support the Chair in performing his/her role, including the provision of appropriate briefing material to the donors and other stakeholders.
- Prepare Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting on all governance related matters for CEO and donors consumption
- Ensure achievement of logframe targets related to corporate governance and board related matters
- Develop the annual board work plan with the Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the board
- To verify, authenticate and sign (where required) Company documents and also affix seal of the company on legal documents
- Any other task as may be required by the board or CEO to effectively provide governance support to the organization
- Master’s degree in Economics, business administration or related fields required. Chartered Accountancy or Law degree preferred. Certification as Company Secretary or Board certification training would be a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience required with at least 3 years working experience as a Company Secretary. Work experience in a Section 42 company would be a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of Companies Ordinance and Non-Profit Regulations required
- Excellent writing and analytical skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including board members, staff, external partners and donors.
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, diverse team
- Ability to manage multiple and competing demands, and establish priorities.
- Very strong sense of responsibility and integrity is a must
- Passion for Karandaaz mission and alignment with core values of the organization.
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till March 17th, 2020
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.