Report to: Finance Manager
Application deadline for the position is March 20, 2020
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Department for International Development (DFID) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
Karandaaz Pakistan is seeking a Finance Analyst to provide support in completing the deliverables of the team which includes the coordination of internal and cross functional financial processes and activities. The Finance Analyst is a member of the Finance Team reporting to the Finance Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Finance Analyst is responsible for coordinating with the Finance team to deliver the below mentioned tasks on a timely basis.
The core functions and responsibilities include the following:
- Post all approved vouchers (BPVs/JVs/CPs) in MS Dynamics (Accounting software)
- Prepare monthly payroll in the accounting software
- Prepare salary cheques/bank letters and ensure timely disbursement of staff salary
- Ensure tax has been withheld and deposited in Government treasury in accordance with prevailing tax laws
- Ensure monthly payment of employer and employees’ contribution to the provident fund account
- Maintain books of employees provident fund on monthly basis
- Ensure monthly payment of EOBI within prescribed timeframe
- Prepare cheques and ensure timely disbursement of payments to vendors and service providers
- Reconciliation of Payroll to source employee data and previous month payroll data
- Reconciliation of General Ledger to Fixed Asset Register on monthly basis
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Monitor petty cash payments and resolve discrepancies
- Calculation of depreciation on fixed assets on monthly basis
- Ensure monthly adjustments of prepayments and advances
- Act as a coordinator with user department for information requirement for adhoc reporting
- Assist Manager Finance in monthly closing of books of accounts
- Liaison with both the internal and external auditors during audit proceedings
- Preparation of management reporting e.g. Budget-v-Actual, donor accounting report and BMGF 6 head reports.
- Preparation of adhoc based reporting upon needs from different user department
- Any other task assigned by the Financial Controller and Manager Finance
Education and Experience
- CA (Finalist)/ ACCA Qualified/ MBA Finance or equivalent from a reputable institute.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience. Experience of donor funded projects will be a plus.
- Knowledge of reputable Financial MIS (eg SAP, Oracle, Dynamics) preferred
- In depth Knowledge/experience of accounting cycle
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to meet targets within tight deadlines
- Should be a result-oriented individual
- Proficiency in MS Office, specially MS Excel and MS Word
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Strong double entry and bookkeeping knowledge
- Sound judgment, flexibility, adaptability and cultural sensitivity
- A good team-player who is able to promote the spirit of joined of working at all levels.
- Ability to represent Karandaaz Pakistan in a confident, courteous and coherent manner.
- Demonstrated behavior of professional and personal ethics, transparency and openness
- Good spoken and written English.
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till March 20th, 2020.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.