Report to: Financial Controller
Application deadline for the position is February 19, 2017
Karandaaz Pakistan (“Company”), is a not for profit company set up by UK’s Department for International Development (DFID) for the implementation of the Enterprise and Asset Growth (EaGR) Program. The company was incorporated in August 2014 and promotes access to finance for small businesses through a commercially directed investment platform, and financial inclusion for individuals by employing technology enabled digital solutions. The company has financial and institutional support from leading international development finance institutions; principally the United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP), a member of the World Bank Group also provides technical support to Karandaaz Pakistan.
- Post all approved vouchers (BPVs/JVs/CPs) in MS Dynamics (Accounting software)
- Prepare monthly payroll in the accounting software
- Prepare salary cheques/bank letters and ensure timely disbursement of staff salary
- Ensure tax has been withheld and deposited in Government treasury in accordance with prevailing tax laws
- Ensure monthly payment of employer and employees’ contribution to the provident fund account
- Maintain books of employees provident fund on monthly basis
- Ensure monthly payment of EOBI within prescribed timeframe
- Prepare cheques and ensure timely disbursement of payments to vendors and service providers
- Reconciliation of Payroll to source employee data and previous month payroll data
- Reconciliation of General Ledger to Fixed Asset Register on monthly basis
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Monitor petty cash payments and resolve discrepancies
- Calculation of depreciation on fixed assets on monthly basis
- Ensure monthly adjustments of prepayments and advances
- Assist Manager Finance in monthly closing of books of accounts
- Liaison with both the internal and external auditors during audit proceedings
- Any other task assigned by the Financial Controller
- CA (Finalist)/ ACCA Qualified/ MBA Finance or equivalent from a reputable institute.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience. Experience of donor funded projects will be a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specially MS Excel and MS Word.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Strong double entry and bookkeeping knowledge.
- Knowledge of reputable Financial MIS (eg SAP, Oracle, Dynamics) preferred.
- In depth Knowledge/experience of accounting cycle.
- Ability to meet targets within tight deadlines.
- Should be a result-oriented individual.
- Sound judgment, flexibility, adaptability and cultural sensitivity.
- A good team-player who is able to promote the spirit of joined of working at all levels.
- Ability to represent Karandaaz Pakistan in a confident, courteous and coherent manner.
- Demonstrated behavior of professional and personal ethics, transparency and openness.
- Good spoken and written English.
Note: Karandaaz Pakistan is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Please email your resume on firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the job title in subject Or Please visit the below brightspyre link http://new.brightspyre.com/jobs/jid/30760