Fintech Ecosystem Specialist
Report to: Associate Director - DFS Innovation
Application deadline for the position is February 24, 2020
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Department for International Development (DFID) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
The incumbent will work with the Associate Director – DFS Innovation in delivering projects under Innovation and Incubation work stream. While doing so, the individual would interface with DFS Ecosystem stakeholders and partners and build a relationship for successful design, development and deployment of ecosystem projects. The stakeholders and partners include Fintechs, banks, accelerators and incubators. The individual will research and keep abreast of local and global trends related to ecosystem development in digital financial services markets.
- Design DFS ecosystem interventions that can trigger innovation and hence creation of radically new products and services that can provide both financial inclusion and financial deepening
- Work with digital financial service ecosystem stakeholders to identify strategic opportunities and partnerships
- Be the champion for the cause of Fintechs in Pakistan. Liaise and lobby eco-system stakeholders for helping Fintechs connect with DFSPs
- Manage an ongoing seed funding program “Fintech Disrupt Challenge (FDC)” and design and deliver other challenge rounds that may be needed. Keep a strong connect and follow up on progress of sub-grantees. Guide and help Fintechs for successful completion of grant programs in time and quality.
- Keep abreast of international trends in Fintechs, research global growing Fintechs and bring insights for improving local Fintechs.
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in business administration, economics or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani institution.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience with 2 years’ experience of managing innovation program
- Strong desire to contribute to financial inclusion agenda
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, diverse team and be comfortable in multiple, high varied settings, and tight deadlines with different work and learning styles.
- High energy, can-do attitude, strong desire to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills. A team player with ability to work with cross-functional team of people.
- Should have analytical and problem-solving approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple & competing demands and establish priorities.
- Steep learning curve in understanding new business models and technologies
- Ability to manage sub-grantees and sub-contractors. Good understanding of grant management
- Grant management and Project management skills
- Writing concept notes for innovation interventions
- Understanding of financial services value chain and innovation levers
- Deep interest for market development through ecosystem development
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 24th Feb 2020.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.