Application deadline for the position is December 18, 2016
Karandaaz Pakistan is seeking a Gender Advisor to work with its technical teams to make sure that the gender element is always kept high on the agenda while designing and rolling out interventions. Gender Advisor will be expected to bring in experience, knowledge and expertise of the latest trends in women’s empowerment across the globe and customize them to fit the Pakistan requirement, keeping in mind the Karandaaz Pakistan’s role and the expectations of its Board of Directors and Donors. Gender Advisor would be expected to advocate for greater attention to gender perspectives, providing the necessary rationales and advice on approaches to support gender mainstreaming throughout the workstreams. This would require for the Gender Advisor to understand the work of the department, what the relevant gender perspectives are, and how these perspectives can be incorporated into on-going work.
- Analysis of existing workplans, logframe targets and Donor requirements to identify reforms that will encourage women’s participation in the economy.
- Liaise with Pakistani government and regulatory entities to facilitate improved policy implementation and service delivery that will increase women’s employment and entrepreneurship.
- Serve as program resource for gender based questions and engage with stakeholders on
gender issues being addressed by the program.
- Provide technical assistance to Karandaaz private sector and government partners in assessing the strength of their approach to gender mainstreaming across the program cycle
- Provide advice on appropriate gender sensitive indicators in the performance measurement framework and support colleagues in the monitoring and reporting of program results/outputs and objectives against agreed indicators.
- Lead the development of a gender policy which provides a framework – the mandate, rationales and goals – for the work that Karandaaz may undertake for gender mainstreaming
- Review and ensure that Karandaaz technical interventions, reports, approved work plans, and communications meet DFID and BMGF standards for supporting gender equality and female empowerment.
- Promotes broad dissemination of information including best practices and emerging trends as well as data analyses on gender issues in Pakistan and how Digital and SME financing can reduce the gender gaps
- Serves as a point of contact on gender empowerment issues including monitoring and evaluation of gender-related impacts and conducts outreach with external organizations.
- Any other task as may be required by the supervisor
- Minimum eight years of progressive professional experience in gender analysis, programming and/or projects preferably in financial services.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in gender studies, development, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working on projects promoting women’s empowerment.
- Ability to influence and inspire other Team leads in the company.
- Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Should be proficient in understanding stakeholder needs and expectations, analyzing the impact of the projects, gaining and maintaining stakeholder support, managing stakeholder communications regarding gender matters, and mitigating / channeling stakeholder resistance.
- Experience creating and implementing gender assessment tools to monitor and evaluate projects and programs
- Experience of working with government, policy makers, regulatory organizations would be a plus
- Experience working with village savings and loan associations or other women’s financial services in Pakistan would be an advantage
Please email your resume on firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the job title in subject Or Please visit the below brightspyre link http://new.brightspyre.com/jobs/jid/30400