Head of Human Resource and Administration – Parwaaz Financial Services
Report to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Application deadline for the position is November 22, 2020
Parwaaz Financial Services (PFS) will a wholly owned subsidiary of Karandaaz Pakistan – A not-for-profit company funded by FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office) and BMGF (The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) with the vision of having a Financially Included, Empowered Pakistan. Karandaaz works for Financial Inclusion of the MSME through a commercially directed platform. As part of the commitment to increasing access of capital for SME sector, Parwaaz Financial Services will be incorporated as a Non-Bank Financial Company (NBFC) registered with SECP which will be solely focused on providing Credit and Financial Services to the SME Sector which is underserved when compared to other countries in the region.
Karandaaz’s vision is to create a best in class NBFC that can innovate, use cutting edge technology and think of out of the box solution for providing customized solutions for financing needs of the SMEs. The entity will be headquartered in Lahore but is expected to gradually expand its operations across Pakistan.
The incumbent in this position will lead the development of PFS team and will build a high-performance culture, create policies and institute best practices of talent management in line with the vision of PFS.
- Translate business strategy into HR strategy and action plans and help implement these across all divisions in the best interest of the company.
- Building a team and a working environment/culture that is inclusive and reflective of Pakistan’s diversity including gender equality whilst working closely with the management and the Board to ensure appropriate staffing levels are in place to deliver the business plan.
- Develop HR and Admin policies, manual and SOPs from scratch
- Work with business leaders on HR program advocacy; communicating the business value of HR initiatives, managing HR program roll out to minimize business disruption and solve significant people and cultural issues.
- Help drive change, growth and collaborative mind-set across the organization and ensure adherence to organisation behaviours.
- Develop and sustain a high performance strength based culture through the use of relevant tools and processes.
- Advise on modern and optimal organizational structures ensuring long term viability and flexibility towards delivering organization strategy and objectives.
- Manage and lead the HR function in terms of organization and structure as well as team strategy and deliverables.
- Actively support team’s development and build collaboration by engaging with other departments in HR.
- As member of the HR management team, contribute towards the strategic direction of the division and advice on futuristic HR models.
- Ensure that day to day HR operations are managed efficiently and the organisation is aligned with best industry best HR practices.
- Manage and effectively lead HR work stream on transformation and change initiatives in the organization.
- Maintain visibility and control over headcount development and personnel cost in collaboration with stakeholders. Identify potential risks and mitigation plans.
- Formulates talent acquisition (Talent Management) strategy and framework; Defines overall annual staffing requirements in consultation with all functions and verifies alignment with business growth
- Devises mechanism to attract and retain best talent; Identifies key engagement drivers / initiatives
- and develops supporting strategies to align people, processes, and work related systems in order to achieve meaningful levels of job satisfaction and retention for employee base
- Plan and implement performance management system
- Enhance employee Engagement
- Draft and implement an employee benefits structure to ensure talent attraction and retention
- Plan Employee engagement activities to enhance employee moral
- Lead and manage nationwide administrative functions, facilities management, hospitality services, HSSE and fleet management.
- Planning, preparing, monitoring and evaluation of OPEX & CAPEX budget related to administrative services.
- Creating, implementing and monitoring departmental strategic plans as per company’s defined goals and KPIs for Administration department.
- Plan ways to upgrade the facilities by creating renovation project plan, define project scope and secure the necessary resources.
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction and optimize on-time delivery, through detailed attention and process optimization especially for services related to hospitality.
- Managing nationwide Health Safety Security and Environment of the organization.
- Devising and implementing cost optimization initiatives related to administrative function.
- Reviewing, planning and budgeting of administrative support for new business requirements.
- Make certain that all administrative systems, policies and processes are reliable, fine-tuned and well delivered with a proactive approach.
Functional Skills / Knowledge Areas:
- Leadership Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of HRMS
- Leadership skills with the ability to delegate, motivate and inspire team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Pakistani labor law and practices.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management/Business Administration or related field from a reputable international or Pakistani institution.
- Specific certification in HRM would be a plus
- Minimum 12 Years working experience in the field of Human Resources with reputable organizations in country would be required.
- Experience of working in the financial sector would be highly desirable.
- Prior experience of creating high-performance teams and setting up systems and policies would be required.
Candidates can email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 22nd November 2020.
Parwaaz Financial Services will be an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Market competitive remuneration and benefits will be offered.
Please note that the recruitment for PFS is managed by Career Pakistan.