Head of Internal Audit
Report to: Functional: Board Audit Committee (BAC) Administrative: CEO Karandaaz
Application deadline for the position is September 7, 2020
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Department for International Development (DFID) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
Head of Internal Audit shall be responsible for implementing a strategy for conducting internal audits throughout the organization to ensure effective Internal Control, identify shortfalls and gaps in processes, assess the efficacy of organization’s risk management efforts, assure that the organization complies with all relevant laws, ensure safeguards and investigate fraud.
- Develop annual risk-based audit plan and present the audit reports to the BAC on a periodic basis
- Implement and monitor internal audit policies, procedures and guidelines and report to Board Audit Committee(BAC)
- Develop and continuously evaluate internal controls for improvement in processes and policies
- Assess company’s risks and effectiveness of company’s risk management policies
- Check compliance of the company with all laws, Regulations Codes, standards , etc which govern the company and report to BAC, particularly any defaults
- Assess integrity of IT system
- Coordinate with the external auditor and review deficiencies in controls highlighted by the external auditor
- Assist the management in investigation of cases of fraud and report to the Board Audit Committee concerns about any actual, potential, and perceived improprieties in financial or other matters
- Keep informed on emerging trends and successful practices in Internal Audit
- Work with line management constructively to challenge and improve established and proposed practices & to put forward ideas for improving processes
- Evaluate the reliability and integrity of information and means used to identify measures and classify and report such information to the BAC
- Coordinate the process of external auditors’ appointment, removal, audit fee and the provision of any service permissible to be rendered to BAC
- Any other issue or matter as may be assigned by the Board Audit Committee or the CEO
Education and Experience
- The candidate should preferably be a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan or Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan with experience of one of the Big Four Audit Firms
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience required with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Internal Audit
- Previous experience working in a donor funded organization would be a plus
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Markets, Investment Banking or relevant industries would be a plus
- Expert skills in auditing techniques, accounting and management principles
- Superior knowledge of international accounting and auditing policies, procedures, principles and standards
- Prior experience in organizing, planning, managing and supervising the audit functions and in conducting financial reporting
- Highly developed organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills (i.e., conceptual and analytical thinking) Ability to promote the value of internal audit among key employees within the organization
- Technology and computer proficiency skills on MS Office, accounting softwares and databases
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 7th September, 2020.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.