Karandaaz Pakistan seeks to hire a Head of Risk & Compliance who will be the focal person for overseeing the development and implementation of the organization’s risk and compliance management function. The Head of Risk and Compliance will be responsible for reviewing the risk and compliance requirements in context of the whole entity and to organize and oversee the risk identification, assessment, monitoring and mitigation in respective functions throughout Karandaaz.
Head of Risk and Compliance will have the following duties and will perform the following roles:
- Design, implement and lead a risk management strategy for Karandaaz.
- Assist in the execution of the corporate compliance, fraud, and risk assessments by identifying the key risks and assessing mitigating controls to determine the risk profile of the organization.
- Will be responsible for external risk reporting to stakeholders and concerned authorities.
- He / She will establish Key Risk Indicators (KRIs – Early warning triggers) for each function, regularly monitor them and report them to the CEO and Audit Committee of the board
- Will actively be engaged in the process of setting risk measures and limits for the various business lines and monitoring their performance relative to risk-taking and limit adherence.
- Will review compliance requirements from various audits, agreements with partners and ensure compliance with internal policies and local regulations
- Will assist the heads of respective functions in the process of assessing and mitigating risks through review and monitoring.
- Head of Risk will, at all times and in all situations, ensure that the independence of the risk management function is not compromised.
- Head of Risk and Compliance may be made part of investigation teams for disciplinary actions by management. He/ She will act as an independent member of such investigations and submit separate report of the investigation.
- Any other task as may be required
- Masters degree or equivalent education with major in Finance and/or business administration required. International risk management certification such as Certified Chief Risk Officer (CCRO)/ Certified Practicing Risk Manager (CPRM)/ Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) preferred.
- Prior experience of risk management in financial services industry is essential. Experience of Private equity/ investment banks will be preferred
- Should have adequate knowledge of control frameworks and demonstrated ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes.
- Knowledge of money laundering and terrorist financing rules and regulations to ensure compliance with local and international laws and cover organisation’s risk arising from dealings with current and potential partners, vendors etc.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum relevant experience of 10 years in the specific field of Risk Management.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and experience in performing independent critical financial and risk analyses of institutions
- Proven ability to work within a complex multi-dimensional organizational environment with strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Fluency in written and spoken English, including proven effective presentation and report writing skills.
- Ability to interface with and manage stakeholders at senior level
- Ability to work with multiple and tight deadlines with a commitment to quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player and self-starter, shows initiative; works independently
Please send your applications to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject. Deadline for applications is August 19th, 2018.
Note: Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.