Report to: Manager Administration
Application deadline for the position is February 2, 2023
Karandaaz (KRN) believes that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our mission at Karandaaz is to foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a not-for-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
The incumbent will be expected to manage all facets of the IT infrastructure for KRN including making policies, drafting processes, and ensuring smooth operations while maintaining utmost security.
- Develop new network troubleshooting strategies to help reduce downtime and decrease maintenance costs
- Create rational strategies for upgrading the company’s network software whenever a new update is available
- Devise and implement plans to ensure the company’s network continues to operate smoothly in the event of a problem
- Stay up to date with new network technology and report this information to the management as and when required
- Work closely with departmental heads to assess the growth needs and maintenance of the company’s network
- Independently set up and synchronize network administration systems (including backup, security management, user account management, email systems including Google G-suite, wireless system, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Create a repository of policies and procedures for all IT-related operations
- Participate in internal and external IT audits
- Provide first-line technical support to internal and external customers via phone, email, and in-person. Respond to employee inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide training and guidance to end-users on how to use IT systems and software, including Google Workspace, and Zoom applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to software, hardware, and systems, including Google Workspace, and Zoom applications.
- Escalate complex issues to the appropriate team for further assistance
- Assist in the maintenance and management of user accounts and permissions for Google Workspace, and Zoom.
- Assist with setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of Zoom video conferencing software and hardware.
- Install and configure all network IT hardware, other software and applications.
- Recommend specification for procurement of laptops and other IT related hardware and software.
- Manage and maintain the backup systems.
- Provide support in Domain registrations for new ventures, as and when required.
- Any other task necessary to ensure the optimum IT performance of KRN
A preferred candidate will need to have:
Education & Experience
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering. Additional certifications will be an added advantage.
- 5-7 years of work experience in the IT department of a medium to large sized organization.
- Demonstrated work experience in independently running the IT department of an organization will be a significant advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expert knowledge of IT best practices, policies and regulations.
- In-depth understanding of programming, computer science and digital security
- Working knowledge of relevant operating systems, software and programming.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- A clear understanding of client/server technology and network architecture
- Efficient troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Good organization, time management and prioritization.
- Effective communication skills, including speaking, writing and active listening.
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Passionate and self-driven with the ability to handle assignments with minimal supervision.
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in the vision and values of Karandaaz and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications by all population groups