Report to: Chief Financial Officer
Application deadline for the position is August 11, 2022
Karandaaz (KRN) believes that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our mission at Karandaaz is to foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a not-for-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
This position leads the Finance Operations of Karandaaz Pakistan. Finance Manager would be expected to ensure strong internal controls, increase efficiency in the day to day operations of the Finance Team and ensure accurate and timely preparation of reports for management, board and sponsors. The incumbent would be expected to ensure compliance of the company’s Accounting Manual, IFRS/IAS and Taxation laws and recommend improvement in policies and SOPs where required.
The ideal incumbent for the position would be someone with the ability to lead and manage the team, mentor and coach junior staff and be able to create a high-performing/engaged team driven by integrity and accountability.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Ensure strong financial management processes
- Oversee payroll preparation, approval and disbursement.
- Ensure timely deposit of taxes to the Government treasury
- Book all financial transactions in Financial Management System to ensure smooth month-end and annual closing
- Maintain reporting of Fixed Assets along with reconciliation of General Ledger to Fixed Asset Register
- Ensure quarterly reconciliation of Withholding Tax (WHT) of salaries and keep track of all WHT statements submitted with FBR during the year
- Prepare and submit all internal and external reports after consultation with the CFO
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
Budgeting, Treasury, Taxation & Employee Provident Fund Management
- Ensure that work plans are in liaison with funds allocated by the donor and their respective agreements
- Devise budgets of Admin, Staff, Capital Expenditure, Capacity Building and CIC Transaction Cost.
- Create overall budget map for the year after identifying management needs
- Collaborate with all departments to understand their budgetary requirements
- Administer capital expenditure and split budget donor-wise, as per their respective accountable Grant agreements.
- Oversee budget vs. actual cost
- Ensure cash management, short-term investment management, and timely establishment and management of bank accounts in compliance with approved policies.
- Ensure timely submission of Treasury Report to the CFO
- Keep the CFO abreast with bank profit rates/interest rates
- Ensure availability of funds for operational and program payments
- Liaise with SBP and agent bank for management of FCY accounts
- Perform tasks such as purchasing new cash management products (Digital Payment mode); open CDC accounts, etc.
- Facilitate Procurement and Program teams with tax related queries in new contracts. Share queries with Tax Consultants for their expert opinion.
- Recommend amendments to existing Contracts of user/Procurement departments if there are any changes in direct/indirect taxes.
- Support employees with Employee Provident Fund (EFP) withdrawal requests
- Oversee team for EPF book maintenance and audits. Review audit reports for effective closure of observations.
- Any other task necessary to ensure the optimum performance of the Finance department
Education & Experience
- Minimum Masters Degree in Finance/ MBA/ Chartered Accountancy or ACCA required.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the field of Finance operations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of a not-for-profit organization, preferably experience of working at a Section 42 company.
- Understanding of donor management and expectations. Experience of FCDO funded projects would be a plus.
- Understanding of the financial sector and an appetite to learn more
- Knowledge of reputable financial MIS such as SAP, Oracle, Dynamics.
- Understanding of Treasury, Taxation and EPF.
- Excellent command over IAS/IFRS
- Expert level skill in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Planning and organization skills
- Relationship management
- Conflict management & problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail & Ability to handle high-pressure situations
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor a diverse team of people.
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
Interested applicants are requested to share their CV at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly mention the position title in the subject line.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications by all population groups