Report to: Director Operations and Company Secretary
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Application deadline for the position is October 24, 2021
Guided by the Karandaaz Vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based in Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
The incumbent works under the supervision of Director Operations for leading the development of HR strategy, in line with Strategic objectives of Karandaaz; Ensures HR strategy is consistent and fully integrated with other functional strategies. The incumbent for this position will plan, execute and administer all activities of the HR Department including talent management, compensation and benefits, employee training and development, performance management, employee engagement and other activities related to HR Operations.
- Provides strategic HR consultation to Senior Management and develops partnership in all areas of the organization
- Stays abreast with the latest advancements in human resources globally and implements the best people management practices
- Reviews organization structure in view of changes in business direction, new technology implications, organization business strategy etc. to drive efficiency and proposes changes to Director Operations
- Leads the development of all HR policies and frameworks for the organization including Succession Planning, Diversity and Inclusion, safeguarding policies, Compensation framework, etc.; Ensures policies and procedures are aligned with the strategic objectives
- Assists the Director Operations in formulating and implementing Talent Acquisition & Talent Management strategy and framework
- Prepares overall annual staffing requirements in consultation with all functional heads and ensures alignment with Business Strategy and Value for Money indicators
- Oversees development of Job Description for new positions and ensures updation of existing Job Descriptions on an annual basis
- Manages end-to-end recruitment process and ensures thorough competition is conducted for ensuring high quality resources are hired for Karandaaz, recommends salaries of new hires to Director Operations in line with the approved compensation framework
- Coordinates with respective Team Leads to implement the Annual Performance Evaluation cycle as well as probationary evaluations
- Ensures Capacity Building of KRN staff at all levels and creates an annual Training and Development plan
- Devises mechanism to attract and retain best talent by creation of a purpose driven culture built on core values of Karandaaz (ICARE); Identifies and implements key initiatives for employee engagement and satisfaction
- Manages HR Operational matters including management of Cloud Based HRIS, Compensation and Benefit Administration, Employee Record Keeping, Health and Life Insurances and compliance with relevant authorities in line with Labor Laws of Pakistan
- Responsible for ensuring of proper record keeping in the department, Management of HR Related Audits and reporting as well as management of an HR Dashboard for tracking all HR Metrics related to efficiency, value for money, diversity, etc.
- Leads periodic engagement surveys i.e. Anonymous Pulse Survey and presents findings to Director Operations
- Management of Assistant Manager HR as well as any HR Consultant / Intern to ensure their development and capacity building
- Acts as an advisor to the Director Operations and members of the Management Committee members on Talent Strategy and ensuring Team morale and motivation
A successful candidate will need to have:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in Human Resources function, with at least 5 years of experience of managing an HR Department
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Management or related field. Master’s degree in HRM and / or specific certification would be a plus
- Thorough knowledge of the labor laws of Pakistan, which will give the candidate a competitive edge
- Advanced level working Knowledge of MS Office, Google / MS suites required. Experience of implementing ERP solutions (Oracle) for HR is highly desirable
- Superior interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
- Integrity and approachability, the ability to make staff feel comfortable in discussing sensitive and confidential issues
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Can-do attitude and a go-getter
- Keenness to learn, and the willingness to add value to the organization
- Passion for KRN mission and alignment with core values (ICARE)
- Knowledge and experience of Not for Profit / Section 42 companies would be a plus
- Experience and knowledge of employment laws is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership, planning and organizational skills
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz Vision and Values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 24th October 2021.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.