Manager – Knowledge Management
Report to: Director Knowledge Management and Communications
Application deadline for the position is July 30, 2017
Karandaaz Pakistan seeks to hire a Manager, Knowledge Management. The successful candidate will be the nexus for all research work including content centered on the following themes: small growing business finance, financial inclusion, and digital finance. The candidate will work closely with all internal and external stakeholders to help set the Knowledge Management agenda and ensure that it is executed efficiently, with consistently high quality, and in full alignment with Karandaaz Pakistan’s broader objectives.
For this position, Karandaaz Pakistan seeks someone capable of taking a big picture view of the Knowledge Management work area, whilst executing and managing the day-to-day details needed to ensure success. The successful candidate will be a versatile research manager with broad experience in research design, research execution, quality assurance, analysis and project management. Working within a small core team, the Manager will define and identify research topics, conduct data analysis, write reports, articles and blogs, and work with subject matter experts whilst ensuring that Karandaaz Pakistan’s research deliverables contain meaningful and actionable content relevant to Pakistan’s financial inclusion space with a special focus on small and growing businesses, and are presented in an accessible and appealing way. This person will also play a lead role in coordinating Karandaaz Pakistan’s dissemination of research findings.
- Work closely with Director KMC to determine strategic research focus and annual KM plan of Karandaaz Pakistan
- Collaborate with the corporate investment and credit (CIC) and digital financial services (DFS) teams to build in depth understanding of the financial access space in Pakistan (regulations, policies, formal and informal players, challenges) to identify research focus and topics
- Develop requests for proposal (RFPs) and terms of reference (ToRs) for research initiatives aimed at strengthening/contributing to the knowledge base of the financial inclusion, digital finance and SME space
- Develop thought leadership pieces for dissemination in the form of reports, articles, blogs and presentations
- Oversee and manage research projects outsourced by KMC
- Ensure accuracy of technical content, quality, relevance, cost control, timeliness and maintenance of ethical standards across all research projects
- Remain abreast with global research relevant to Karandaaz’s development agenda
- Liaise with industry stakeholders, including but not limited to regulators, researchers, financial institutions, telcos to disseminate research findings and identify research needs
- Work with the Communications team to ensure the research and publications available on the Karandaaz Pakistan website are up-to-date, accurately presented and easily accessible
- Support Director KMC in developing and sustaining productive relationships with stakeholders
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Technical Skills, Education & Experience
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field of study with a strong mastery of social science research and analytical research
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience managing complex research projects
- Strong analytical skills with a solid foundation in statistical techniques, specifically STATA and/or SPSS
- Superior English writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, synthesize and intuitively present research in compelling reports and presentations
- Knowledge of the financial access space in a developing country (especially small medium enterprise financing) will be a significant advantage
- Behavioral Skills
- Highly organized, with demonstrated project and time management skills
- Have strong decision-making skills, analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interface with and manage stakeholders at senior level
- Ability to work to multiple and tight deadlines with a commitment to quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Team player and self-starter, shows initiative; works independently; has innate curiosity; passion for research, analysis and delivering insights to the market
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed multicultural teams
Please email your resume on email@example.com clearly mentioning the job title in subject. Application deadline for the position is July 30th, 2017.
Note: Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.