Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist
Report to: Head, ICF & MEL
Application deadline for the position is June 17, 2018
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist will support the Head, MEL in managing all M&E activities including data collection, processing, analysis, and reporting.
- Assist Head MEL in monitoring and evaluating overall progress on achievement of results at Karandaaz;
- Assist Head MEL in developing annual and quarterly MEL work plans, budget forecasts and updates and updating risk frameworks.
- Design and deliver Data Quality Assessments (DQAs), assessments, deep dive studies and evaluations through consultants and third-parties. This will involve development of scopes of work, terms of reference, and budgets and coordination with procurement department for engaging relevant resources.
- Manage outsourced MEL consultants and firms to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Share findings and reports with relevant internal and external stakeholders for feedback and review.
- Coordinate and manage;
- Collect, collate, and edit data and information for monthly, quarterly, annual, and other reports for internal and external use;
- Undertake monitoring visits to project locations to collect data and/or quality assure data collection efforts.
- Attain fluency in economic models used by Karandaaz to track development results of its credit and investment portfolio. Assist in updating the models with new investment data.
- Assist in coordinating across the different work streams of Karandaaz to ensure effective implementation of M&E;
- Develop learning products to synthesize key lessons and ideas that emerge from MEL activities. These could be in the form of blogs, thematic briefs or case studies.
- Train other staff, and local partners where required, on key M&E concepts, tools, templates and processes.
- Generate and report data in response to information needs of internal stakeholders (such as Board and management) and sponsors.
- Any other task as may be required by the supervisor for achievement of the desired results.
- Bachelor Degree required in Economics, Business, International Development or related social sciences field. Masters qualification preferred. Certifications in MEL highly desirable.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, impact assessment, social science research, or a similar field.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods, including surveys and focus groups.
- Experience working with donor-funded projects, preferably the Gates Foundation and DFID
- Proficiency with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access; familiarity with statistical software is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in diverse socio-cultural environments. Strong data management and analytical skills, excellent writing and presentation skills. Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing quality work;
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel to different locations in Pakistan, as required.
Note: Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject. Deadline for applications is June 17th, 2018.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.