Report to: Director Operations
Application deadline for the position is January 21, 2021
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
The incumbent in this role will assist Director Operations in entity level operational activities including support for new initiatives/ strategic investments, donor reporting, compliances with regulators and Governance related work being carried out from the office of Director Operations. The incumbent will also provide operational support to the HR Team as and when required.
- Maintain a database of Karandaaz Contracts and ensure both soft and hard copies are correctly categorized and saved in record
- Assist Director Operations in preparation for Board and committee meetings and drafting of minutes for relevant meetings as well as follow-up on action items
- Maintain a record of General Meetings, Board and Committee meetings including approved minutes, resolutions, notices, statutory registers and working papers
- Assist in preparing budgets, budgetary reports, financial analysis for the overall operations teams and assist in management of any grants related to new initiatives/strategic investment of Karandaaz
- Draft and submit applications, and prepare governance related document or reports required by the regulator as a response to the applications
- Coordinate within internal teams Finance and Admin for payments related to governance or KRN Memberships
- Assist the Director Operations in implementation of KRN Safeguarding Protocols and ensure any audit observations are addressed
- Submit timely compliances with regulators including PCP and EAD
- Renew Karandaaz memberships with external organizations (e.g. PICG and GIIN ) on time.
- Assist the HR team in day to day administrative activities.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated by Director Operations for smooth functioning of the department and organization as a whole.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, finance or related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience required. Prior administrative support in areas of governance/HR/Finance would is desirable
- Prior experience of working in a donor funder or development sector organization will be highly preferable.
- Prior knowledge and experience of working with regulators (SECP/ EAD) would be a plus.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in establishing priorities, managing workload, following through to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision required.
- Ability to assimilate and handle a large volume of information with attention to detail required.
- Superior working knowledge of MS Suite required
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your resume for this position to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 21st January, 2021
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.