Report to: Associate Director, National Payments Infrastructure
Application deadline for the position is December 18, 2016
The Policy Lead will be engaged in policy discussions with market actors, Government ministries and relevant departments to contribute to the development of proposals for enhancements in policies to enable the expansion and growth of Digital Financial Services (DFS) in Pakistan. The Policy lead will also work closely with regulators to ensure that their needs are met in respect of developing their skills, knowledge and competencies as regulators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Policy Lead will work with other teams in engaging in issue based non-partisan research and advocacy to inform deliberations around the regulatory and policy barriers, provide technical advice or assistance in response to written invitation/request committee from a relevant government agency and focus on facilitating policy development through public-private dialogue and consensus building. Specifically the Policy Lead will:
- Conduct regulatory and policy analysis to inform deliberations around the remaining policy and regulatory barriers to digital financial inclusion;
- Identify challenges specific to women gaining access to financial services at the household, retail, and broad market levels;
- Support market actors and other relevant organisations to identify market constraints that are connected to, or affected by policy and regulation;
- Work with other teams to design and conduct research into the policy and regulatory barriers to financial inclusion, and a critical review of successful policy and regulatory interventions in other regions that can be replicated or adopted in Pakistan;
- Develop an advocacy strategy to persuade key stakeholders (government departments, regulators and others) to undertake necessary policy change;
- Support regulators through the localisation of global learning outputs produced by AFI, CGAP, MicroSave, MMU, and other global learning partners;
- Support the development of regulatory decision making tools such as geo-spatial tracking systems;
- Align the agenda of policy and regulatory support work stream with the priorities of the Government;
- Organize meetings, discussions, presentations, and workshops to inform policy and regulatory deliberations;
- Contribute to the development of policy briefs and blog posts on policy and regulatory interventions that lead to uptake and usage of digital financial services (especially amongst poor customers), policy and regulatory barriers to digital financial inclusion, and/or relevant developments from other countries;
- Leverage the Innovation & Incubation work stream to pilot proposed policy changes; and
- Support stakeholder associations, and participate in the development of key policies in partnership with the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP).
The qualified candidate should have the following skills and experience:
- At least 8 years’ experience in a public policy role either by working in a government or regulatory role, or a public policy role in another professional body or in the private sector.
- Master’s degree in policy, technology, business or related field from a renowned and accredited institute locally or internationally;
- Senior leadership and project management experience in implementing policy related interventions;
- Expertise in financial services policy, regulation and supervision, with a strong engagement at country level;
- Ability to establish priorities and manage a complex workload in order to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to build relationships with staff, government officers and key external influencers;
- Ability to communicate large and complex ideas and recommendations to a diverse set of stakeholders including highly technical and non-technical;
- Ability to work independently and with considerable discretion but to seek advice as required
- Excellent national and international networking skills;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; and
- Strong command of oral and written English, and strong working knowledge of Urdu.
Please email your resume on firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the job title in subject Or Please visit the below brightspyre link http://new.brightspyre.com/jobs/jid/30401