Program Analyst, DFS
Report to: Program Manager, DFS
Application deadline for the position is December 31, 2019
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Department for International Development (DFID) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
The Program Analyst is responsible for ensuring successful delivery of the DFS program by supporting the grant management process, tracking and reporting on progress and performance of program objectives to the respective donors and committees through coordination with respective stakeholders within Karandaaz.
The Program Analyst will support a portfolio of projects in support of strategic goals of the program. The Program Analyst will provide budget oversight and planning, financial analysis, financial reporting, and/or portfolio operations support. The Program Analyst will work closely with the Program Manager and the team internally, as well as the stakeholders. The Program Analyst will improve existing program office processes according to guidelines of Donor and/or Board.
To make and manage grants/contracts in an efficient and aligned manner. The Program Analyst will also serve as a liaison across multiple internal teams and participate in special projects as requested. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Yearly Budgeting and Work planning: Manage end to end yearly work planning exercise leading to Donor, DFS Advisory Committee and Board approvals. In doing so, conduct reviews of previous year work plans, incorporate learnings, align new initiatives with agreed program deliverables with donor and work closely with DFS, KMC and MEL teams for designing the next year’s work plans and budgets. Coordinate with finance and procurement for alignment of the workplans.
- Program and performance reporting & tracking: Track periodic program performance and report to donor, DFS advisory committee and board and create reports, presentation and analysis in this regard consolidating inputs from various teams including DFS, KMC, MEL and Finance. Highlight & escalate variances and partner with project managers for successful delivery of the projects and activities. Coordinate DFS Advisory Committee meetings, prepare agendas, presentation material, minutes and working papers for securing approvals.
- Coordinate for audits and other reviews: Point person for coordinating audit and other reviews for DFS program. Receive and disseminate audit findings, review reports and action items, track and update on progress. This includes action items proposed by DFS advisory committee, Board or any other reviewing forum.
- Grants proposal development & reviews: Work with Program Manager and other stakeholders to review and successfully secure approvals (internal and external) where required. Prepare requisite approval narratives and documentation for securing approvals and presentations in respective committee and board meetings. Assist with grant management and evaluation by requesting and reviewing written materials (including grant summaries and reports).
- Undertake any other work that is necessary for a well-functioning program office and is deemed necessary by the organization.
The Program Analyst must have demonstrated skills and/or experience in program and/or project management and performance tracking and reporting, should have excellent written communication skills and very good interpersonal skills and be collaborative
Additional qualifications include:
- Education: Bachelors / Master’s degree in business administration, economics or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani institution.
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience in managing programs and/or projects
- Ability to handle assignments with minimal supervision, ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, diverse team and be comfortable in multiple, high varied settings, and tight deadlines with different work and learning styles.
- High energy, can-do attitude, strong desire to succeed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player, ability to work with cross-functional team of people.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong project/process management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple & competing demands and establish priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change in processes and organization.
- Willingness to act as a strong team player and bring an optimistic level of energy to this dynamic team
- Highly functional in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; mastery of more advanced skills in Excel to generate reports efficiently (or willingness to learn) preferred.
- Knowledge of budgeting, financial analysis and synthesis.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, applicable programmatic subject.
- Experience of working with donor-funded programs is desirable
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 31st December 2019.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.