Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Application deadline for the position is January 28, 2020
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Department for International Development (DFID) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
Program Coordinator (PC) will provide overall administrative and analytical support on a portfolio of projects being undertaken by Karandaaz Pakistan. The incumbent for this position will provide support to in monitoring of various projects. He/She will also assist in scheduling work-plan and budget related meetings for the CEO and help in development of concept notes/ briefs and entity level presentations. The Program Coordinator will have high level of interaction with both internal and external partners. Provide hands on guidance and support for grantees and vendors with budget templates, reporting requirements, technical assistance, and proposal development processes.
Job-specific duties will include the following,
- Provide project management support to the CEO for monitoring progress and inputs against logframe targets and agreed KPIs
- Provide analytical and research support as needed for preparation of reports or presentations
- Work on special projects as needed, related to supporting an existing or new program
- Take initiatives for increasing the efficiency of team processes and meeting all organizational reporting requirements.
- Research topics and ideas and create management summaries for decision making;
- Provide support in a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including managing calendar, composing and preparing correspondence, preparing agendas and talking points; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO or Management Committee of Karandaaz.
- Any other task as required for achievement of KRN objectives and work plan
- Minimum Bachelors degree in business administration, economics, project management or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani Institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
- Candidates must have demonstrated skills and experience in project management. Prior experience of monitoring International donor funded projects would be highly desirable
- Excellent analytic and writing skills required
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and understand policy compliance.
- Ability to analyze data across multiple databases.
- Strong project/process management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Knowledge of budgeting, financial analysis and synthesis preferred
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of an integrated, diverse team and be comfortable in multiple, high varied settings, and tight deadlines with different work and learning styles.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing demands, and establish priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high paced work environment
- Passion for Karandaaz’s mission and alignment with core values
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.