Program Manager, Digital Financial Services
Report to: Chief Digital Officer
Application deadline for the position is April 18, 2019
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Department for International Development (DFID) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
As the Program Manager, you will be responsible for providing project and portfolio management support. You will be a member of the Digital Financial Services (DFS) Team reporting to Chief Digital Officer and will support the senior management in identifying and developing partnerships that will be critical for accelerating financial inclusion in Pakistan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager is responsible for overall program management that includes a host of projects and sub-programs ranging from large complex technology oriented transformational projects to digital experiments, research and knowledge creation, policy work and initiatives related to Women Financial Inclusion specifically. Responsibilities include program design, donor grant contracts, monitoring progress and inputs against targets, milestones and key decisions; facilitating monthly and annual programmatic and financial planning processes; preparing materials for the Advisory Committee, the Board of Directors and Donors. The position works closely with Finance, KMC, MEL, and other functions to successfully execute the DFS program.
The core functions and responsibilities include the following:
a. Project/Program Management
- Provides project management for large, complex grants; monitors progress and inputs against targets, milestones and key decisions; provides analytical and research support to team as needed
- Oversees implementation of work plans. Works closely with the team members to deliver projects through interactions with project managers at our partners/grantees.
- Conveys the importance of each project and related work efforts to the overall program and organizational performance objectives.
- Ensures strategic alignment, identifying opportunities to achieve strategic objectives through program implementation.
- Ensures the overall program structure and program management processes enable the program and its component teams to successfully complete their work.
- Ensures day-to-day administrative, operations and finance activities are carried out for the smooth support of the Program’s technical delivery
- Ensure accurate budgeting and accounting of expenditure and compliance with policies and procedures of the Program
- Facilitates preparation of materials for annual budgeting and planning; manages process to update work plans.
- This role may manage people (Program Coordinators) and be responsible for ensuring successful employee onboarding, communicating performance expectations, creating goal alignment, integrating project and change management, giving and seeking feedback internally and externally (with our partners and grantees), providing coaching, measuring progress and holding people accountable, supporting employee development, and recognizing achievement and lessons learned.
b. Strategic Planning and Leadership Support
- Facilitates preparation of materials for strategy reviews, learning sessions, briefings, and submissions to Donors, CEO and Board of Directors.
- Supports development of annual Program work plans and Strategic Plan.
- Through annual planning, work plan development and budgeting sets goals and implements portions of the strategic plan.
- Captures and understands internal stakeholder needs and expectations, analyzing the impact of the program on stakeholders, gaining and maintaining stakeholder support, managing stakeholder communications, and mitigating/channeling stakeholder resistance.
- Establishes processes and procedures for maintaining program oversight and decision-making support for policies and practices throughout the course of the program.
- Accountable for ensuring program complies with established portfolio management governance and processes including quarterly reviews, and annual planning.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in business administration, economics or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani Institution.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in project/program management within financial services – or development-related field, preferred.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and understand policy compliance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of budgeting, financial analysis and synthesis.
- Knowledge of and practice in monitoring and evaluation principles and approaches
- Knowledge of donor-funded programs is desirable
- Ability to work independently and as part of an integrated, diverse team and be comfortable in multiple, high varied settings, and tight deadlines with different work and learning styles.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing demands, and establish priorities.
- Passion for the mission and alignment with core values of the organization.
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till April 16th, 2019.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.