Research Analyst, Corporate Investment and Credit
Report to: Chief Investment Officer and Head of CIC
Application deadline for the position is January 13, 2019
Karandaaz Pakistan seeks to hire a Research Analyst for its Capital Investments work. Karandaaz Capital aims to support the development of a market for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) financing by deepening access to growth capital for MSMEs that will result in the generation of broad-based employment in Pakistan and financial returns for Karandaaz. We make investments that are categorized into three buckets: Private Equity Investments, Credit Financing of SMEs and Investment in Strategic Financial Platforms that spur development of financial market for MSMEs in Pakistan. These investments by Karandaaz help pilot investment models and identify new investment avenues while generating learning for commercial capital providers.
The ideal incumbent for Research Analyst position will be someone with a passion to work in impact investing and is driven by Karandaaz vision of ‘financial inclusion for all’. The analyst will be required to support the Private Equity and Credit Financing teams in developing and executing research strategies and projects undertaken at Karandaaz Pakistan.
- Industry research to support development of pipeline for equity & Credit transactions
- Prepare research notes to support the development of investment thesis for private equity transactions
- Conduct primary and secondary research (alone or as part of a team), synthesize external research, and draw on international lessons to collate, consolidate and document findings into reports
- Assist in the development of Investment Strategy of Karandaaz ‘s investment funds
- Develop and write research reports and publications to be presented to Management, Sponsors and Investment Committee of the Board
- Develop financial models to create comparative private equity investment valuations, dashboards and supporting material
- Build a thorough understanding of the SME financing in Pakistan, including the regulatory landscape, players, opportunities and challenges
- Ensure accuracy of technical content, quality and timeliness across all research projects
- Remain abreast with global and local economy and investment trends to provide input to the program design
- Assist the CIO and the CIC team in ensuring that the compliance related documentation is complete and record is updated
- Any other task as may be delegated by the CIO
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience preferably in a brokerage house/ investment Bank or a Private Equity fund
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s level degree in Finance, economics, or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani institution. CFA preferred
- Strong financial Modelling skills required
- Excellent ability to analyze and synthesize data/information and present it using appropriate frameworks
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong report writing ability required
- Passionate and self-driven with the ability to handle assignments with minimal supervision
- Have strong decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills
Note: Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject. Deadline for applications is January 13th, 2019.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.