Senior Analyst (Green Financing Team)
Report to: Principal/Associate (Green Financing Team)
Application deadline for the position is July 19, 2021
Karandaaz believes that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a not-for-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives
Karandaaz Pakistan is seeking a Senior Analyst who will be responsible and will have expertise in solar/renewable energy project financing. The incumbent will interact with key stakeholders, including regulatory bodies, banks, small and medium enterprises and renewable energy solution providers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The core functions and responsibilities include the following:
- Extensive financial modeling including sensitivity analysis to support potential investment opportunities
- Create and critically analyze financial models, business plans and investment thesis of the renewable energy/energy efficiency (RE/EE) projects.
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements, prepare investment proposal presentations for the Investment Committee and Board approvals
- Conduct industry and market research
- Collaborate with Finance and Monitoring & Evaluation to track, monitor and evaluate portfolio performance and generate financial performance and impact assessment reports
- Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and other information submitted by clients
- Prepare documentation for Karandaaz’s internal processes including creating and maintaining annual work plans and support in internal and external audits
- Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities
- Participate in investments negotiations
- Participate in the monitoring and reporting of investments in portfolio companies
- Assist in dealing with external consultants on the energy financing projects
- Assist in the Energy Audits either directly or through consultants to determine eligibility and viability of replacing existing equipment with energy efficient alternatives.
- Any other task as may be required by the CIO
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, specialization in finance preferred including CFA and other professional certifications
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting, brokerage services, principal investing, impact investing, or M&A group of a recognized multinational corporation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions
- Strong financial modelling and business valuation skills
- Previous transaction experience on either the buy or sell side
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure
- Interest in development issues, particularly renewable energy and working in emerging markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and conversant in Urdu
- Strong coordination and interpersonal skills required
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 19th July, 2021.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.