Senior Analyst Risk
Report to: Head of Risk & Compliance
Application deadline for the position is September 22, 2019
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Department for International Development (DFID) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
Senior Analyst Risk will provide necessary support to Head of Risk and Compliance in implementing risk management strategy for Karandaaz. The incumbent will assist the Head of Risk and Compliance in following activities;
- Implementing risk management strategy for Karandaaz,
- Execution of the corporate compliance, fraud, and risk assessments by identifying key risks pertaining to credit, equity, market, operational, and other areas,
- Preparing relevant risk reports,
- Identifying external risks and risk mitigation plan,
- Monitoring and assessing Early Warning Signals for each function and exposure,
- Reviewing compliance requirements from various audits, agreements with partners and ensure compliance with internal policies and local regulations,
- Any other task as may be required
Education and Experience
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in business administration, finance, economics, or related discipline from a reputable International or Pakistani Institution,
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in a Financial Institution. Cross functional experience in credit, and equity functions is preferred
- Exposure to the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Financial Risk Manager (FRM) programs is preferred
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Banking and Lending related regulatory requirements and laws in Pakistan,
- Understanding of equity markets, and associated instruments,
- Excellent written and spoken English,
- Should have understanding of Data Analytics, and associated tools, such as Python, R, etc.
- Should be comfortable with working with large swathes of data,
- Team player and self-starter, shows initiative,
- Ability to meet targets within tight deadlines,
- Should be a result-oriented individual,
- Sound judgment, flexibility, adaptability and cultural sensitivity,
- Demonstrated behavior of professional and personal ethics, transparency and openness,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to react to stressful situations with professionalism.
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 22nd September 2019 .
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.