Senior Associate, Strategic Equity Investments
Report to: CIO and Head of CIC
Application deadline for the position is October 24, 2021
Karandaaz believes that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a not-for-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives
Karandaaz Pakistan is seeking a Senior Associate for Strategic Investments. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring, reviewing and reporting on the performance and future challenges of KRN investments in financial sector such as Pakistan Microfinance Investment Company (PMIC), InfraZamin Pakistan (IZP) and Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC). Other than that, the responsibilities will include origination, structuring, negotiations, documentation, regulators interaction and post deal management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake detailed investment analysis, including building valuation models and undertaking industry research
- Collect and interpret company data and monitor the key performance indicators and make recommendations
- Lead and assist in origination, evaluation, documentation of projects such as setting up of new financial institutions focusing on the financial inclusion of SMEs in Pakistan and on anchor investments in core sectors including Healthcare, Agriculture, Manufacturing and Green Finance.
- Prepare documentation and reporting
- Monitor, track and report portfolio performance and generate impact reports
- Confirm completion of time-sensitive work and supporting documentation
- Prepare and maintain dashboard to reflect financial performance of the business on a regular basis
- Prepare performance presentation for international committees and the Board
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the related industries happenings and current events
- Any other task as may be required for delivering the CIC work plan
Education and Experience
- 7-9 years of experience in principal investing, impact investing, investment banking, corporate finance, management consulting or M&A group of a recognized multinational corporation
- Preference will be given to candidates working in managerial positions in financial institutions and have experience of Board and corporate governance matters.
- Strong grounding and prior professional experience in financial valuation and business analysis
- Experience in analysis, structuring, execution, and post execution monitoring of principal investments, and/or M&A advisory transactions would be strongly preferred
- Masters level degree preferably in business, economics, accounting or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani institution
- CFA with strong analytical skills and modeling preferred
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong command of oral and written English
- Board and governance experience
- Excellent excel skills in general and financial modeling skills in particular
- Transaction structuring, negotiations, and documentation
- In-depth understanding of corporate reporting and presentation
- Participation in internal committees will be an added advantage
- Professional exposure of working in Pakistan
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 24th October, 2021
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.