Senior Manager, Digital Financial Services
Application deadline for the position is August 11, 2015
- Degree in International Development, Public Policy, Finance, Economics or comparable academic qualification
- Passionate about entrepreneurship and market-based solutions to financial inclusion;
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in banking, management consulting, technology, private equity and/or venture capital is desirable.
- Experience working with startups in South Asia, as an entrepreneur, manager, or principal investor.
- Subject matter expertise in financial inclusion and especially fin-tech, payment systems, and innovative delivery models;
- Strong research, analysis, and presentation skills;
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to earn respect of colleagues, and investors. Brings access to a network of professionals within impact investing and financial inclusion.
- Exceptional written, communication and presentation skills in boardroom as well as in the field
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong management and communication skills: must be able to provide clear direction and feedback to team; must be able to establish realistic objectives, know how to measure for them and set/correct course as needed
- Strong organizational skills: must be able to maintain oversight of many moving parts and keep multiple large projects on track
- Knowledge and experience of the Pakistani market with insights into digital space desirable.
- Provide day-to-day leadership of team: hiring, setting and tracking objectives, obtaining resources, overseeing task completion; and reporting progress, accomplishments and hurdles to MD and above.
- Assist with building out KRN’s various work-streams within digital finance: research, innovation/incubation, and policy and regulatory analytics.
- Oversee and manage KRN’s budget and performance to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of funds
- Orchestrate internal and external idea generation processes to generate new ideas to feed into the innovations process
- Continuously improve and scale the innovation program by sharing best practices and lessons learned
- Anticipate, define and help capture opportunities for KRN to partner with local start-up companies or other external entities to drive financial inclusion focused solutions
- Cultivate relationships with local incubators, accelerators, investors, entrepreneurs, and possible mentors to develop in-depth understanding and expertise of the entrepreneurial landscape of digital finance related businesses;
- Develop and refine the investment thesis and then create materials for a pipeline detailing the investment opportunities in Pakistan;
- Regularly engage directly with lawmakers and regulators, and cultivate relationships at all levels of government to facilitate communication.
- Represent KRN’s position on government policy to government representatives, committees and other regulatory agencies
- Monitor and interpret developments in legislation and politics and government policy in order to advise senior management on how these trends may impact the organization’s business interest ; Promote KRN’s reputation and profile by speaking at public events, legislative meetings, industry conferences, association committees and roundtables, etc.
- Research policies to see what changes could be advantageous and which trends might negatively impact digital finance goals in the future
- Commission specific research and knowledge products; coordinating joint work with other external partners; ensuring that all research outcomes align and serve the KRN research agenda;
- Strengthen research and knowledge products to maximize their reach and impact, in collaboration with the Communications specialist.