Senior Principal (Credit)
Application deadline for the position is January 26, 2017
Deepening access to finance is imperative to drive broad based economic and employment growth, as well as commercially imperative for the long-term health of the financial services industry. Banks need viable credit models to lend to small and mid-size enterprises that represent the substantial part of the economic and employment base of the economy. Credit markets furthermore need to expand beyond working capital and trade loans to finance capital investment. Key challenges to small business lending in Pakistan include ability to validate earnings, ensure financial discipline and enforce contract.
The Corporate Investment and Credit work stream of Karandaaz Pakistan provides wholesale structured credit and equity-linked direct growth capital investments in small and mid-size enterprises with compelling prospects for sustainable growth and employment generation in Pakistan. It is designed around collaboration with apex corporates that are well placed to provide credible commercial information and apply credit discipline on their vendors and distributors. The program will enable apex corporates to help direct credit to vendors and distributors that are well-positioned for growth without assuming credit risk.
Some specific responsibilities of the Senior Principal, Credit are listed as under:
- Lead detailed industry analysis (market size and growth, industry structure and value chain, competitive landscape etc.) for key target industries
- Develop wholesale and retail credit and liquidity products to enable access to finance for micro, small and mid-size enterprises
- Originate, evaluate and execute credit transactions (wholesale credit lines, supply chain financing, program lending, securitized products, credit guarantees) to provide growth capital funding to small and mid-size enterprises with potential for profitable growth and sustainable job creation
- Monitor, track and report portfolio performance and generate impact reports
- Under supervision of the Chief Investment Officer, manage and lead transaction teams
- Prepare Credit Committee Documentation
- Any other task as may be delegated by the supervisor/required for accomplishment of work plan targets
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a structured finance and/or commercial banking in a reputable financial institution (International experience will be valued)
- Preferably a masters level degree in business, economics, accounting or related discipline from a reputable International or Pakistani institution
- Experience in originating and executing corporate finance and/or loan products. Prior exposure to small and mid-size enterprise lending will be valued
- Professional exposure to working in Pakistan
- Self-starter, motivated to build a high impact investment business for micro, small and medium size enterprises in Pakistan
- Strong command of oral and written English and conversant in Urdu
Note: Resumes can be sent to email@example.com by 26th January, 2017. Title of position must be mentioned clearly in the subject line.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.