Senior Program Analyst (Digital Financial Services)
Report to: Chief Digital Officer
Application deadline for the position is November 16, 2022
Karandaaz (KRN) believes that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our mission at Karandaaz is to foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a not-for-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
Karandaaz Digital aims to catalyze the financial services industry towards greater financial inclusion by employing cutting-edge innovations and digital solutions for social impact. Karandaaz collaborates across the financial services ecosystem to maximize impact through improved access to digital finance for low income, rural, and otherwise excluded population segments, especially women. Funded by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Karandaaz has implemented a Digital Financial Services (DFS) program that works with multiple stakeholders including government, regulators and fintechs, banks and other digital financial services to facilitate digitization of cash and different payment use cases.
The Senior Program Analyst DFS works very closely with the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) and the DFS team and contributes to the success of the DFS program by managing the key planning and reporting activities including, design of program strategy, annual budgeting, work planning, and performance and financial reporting. The position also prepares progress reports for donor, Karandaaz Board and Advisory Committee.
The incumbent will support a portfolio of projects in support of strategic goals of the program.
To make and manage grants and projects in an efficient and aligned manner, the Senior Program Analyst DFS will also serve as a liaison across multiple teams within Karandaaz Pakistan such as Knowledge Management and Communications, Monitoring, Evaluations and Learning, Internal Audit and Finance. Duties may include any or all of the following:
Yearly Budgeting and Work Planning
- Manage end-to-end yearly work planning exercise leading to Donor, DFS Advisory Committee and Board approvals.
- Conduct reviews of previous year work plans, incorporate learnings, align new initiatives with agreed program deliverables with donor and work closely with DFS, Knowledge Management & Communications (KMC) and Monitoring Evaluation & Learning (MEL) teams for designing the next year’s work plans and budgets.
- Coordinate with Finance and Procurement for alignment of the workplans
Program and Performance Reporting & Tracking
- Track periodic program performance and report to donor, DFS Advisory Committee and the Board.
- Create reports, presentation and analysis consolidating inputs from various teams including DFS, KMC, MEL and Finance.
- Highlight & escalate variances and partner with project managers for successful delivery of the projects and activities
- Coordinate on DFS Advisory Committee meetings, prepare agendas, presentation material, minutes and working papers for securing approvals.
Coordinate for Audits and other Reviews
- Point person for coordinating audit and other reviews for DFS program
- Receive and disseminate audit findings, review reports and action items, track and update on progress. This includes action items proposed by DFS Advisory Committee, Board or any other reviewing forum.
Grants Proposal Development & Reviews
- Work with Chief Digital Officer and other stakeholders to review and successfully secure approvals (internal and external) where required.
- Develop results frameworks to achieve intended program results.
- Prepare requisite approval narratives and documentation for securing approvals and presentations in respective committee and board meetings
- Assist with grant management and evaluation by requesting and reviewing written materials; including grant summaries and reports.
- Undertake any other work that is necessary for a well-functioning program office and is deemed necessary by the organization.
DFS Data Migration and Implementation in ERP
- Design data map for DFS and ensure smooth migration and implementation ERP
- Propose changes in DFS Operational Manual due to change in processes in ERP
- Update DFS Operational Manual after getting required approvals
A preferred candidate will need to have:
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management or related discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani institution.
- At least 04 years of experience in managing planning, budgeting and reporting of programs or projects.
- Experience of working with market development programs is desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of a not-for-profit organization
- Highly functional in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Demonstrated ability to compose reports in English, make impactful presentations and use Excel for budgeting, variance analysis etc.
- Intermediate level skill in Google Suite
- Ability to learn to operate Oracle ERP system
- Self-starter with the discipline to execute tasks with minimum supervision
- Ability to manage workload peaks and deliver high quality work in time
- Problem solver with the ability to balance IQ and EQ to build collaborative working relationships with colleagues
- Champion of change with an innovator’s mindset
- Quick and eager leaner. Will be required to learn about DFS Program and projects in a short span of time. Should have interest in how market systems work, preferably how digital finance is empowering financial inclusion.
- Optimistic and eager to contribute to the mission of Karandaaz Pakistan
Culture and Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in the Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position at email@example.com clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications by all population groups