Technical Project Manager
Report to: Associate Director Projects, Digital Transformations
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Application deadline for the position is January 27, 2022
Guided by the Karandaaz Vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based in Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
Karandaaz Digital aims to catalyse the industry towards greater financial inclusion by employing cutting-edge innovations and digital solutions and has undertaken a few digital transformational projects in public sector, supporting the public organizations to develop their digital capabilities and hence benefit from the resulting efficiencies.
The Technical Project Manager will support the Associate Director Projects, Digital Transformation, in successfully implementing the projects undertaken by Karandaaz for Public Sector mainly and for Private Sector where deemed necessary. The incumbent will be responsible for engaging with vendors, internal & external teams and key stakeholders to define technology requirements, conduct technical analysis of proposals, implementations and advise on technology procurements and architectures. The individual will serve as an in-house technical expert on the team and will be expected to provide technical expertise.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct needs analysis and convert into IT and technology requirements, architecture and roadmaps
- Assess potential technical components of the project and provide input/recommendations based on current solutions available and global best practices considering long term landscape
- Provide input for eliciting technical sections of RFPs for procurement of technology & implementation vendors
- Create Terms of Reference and Scope of Work for RFIs/RFPs/EOIs, in line with Karandaaz procurement policies, to engage technical consultants/vendors for delivering digital solutions.
- Create technology agreements/contracts with consulting companies or technology service providers
- Manage the implementation of technology through effective project management and timely collaboration between vendors and various internal/external stakeholders
- Provide financial forecasting for implementation of technology infrastructure and digital transformation projects
- Create project management, communication plans and processes
- Maintain project time frames, budget estimates and status reports
- Develop solutions to problems
- Holding regular technical team meetings to help address any questions or challenges regarding upcoming or ongoing projects
- Any other task as assigned by the line manager
- Bachelors / Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related Engineering discipline from a reputable international or Pakistani Institution
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in technology domain with at least 3 years’ experience in managing technology vendors/service providers for deploying technology projects involving software (mandatory) and hardware (preferable)
- Experience in either working within IT/Technology vertical of large-scale organizations managing critical data-centric, public-facing or web-based solutions like ERP, CRM, DWH or working with top tier IT and or technology consulting & implementing firms
- Experience in IT transformational projects life cycle from inception till implementation, including top tier ERPs, CRMs, DWH and other such systems
- Strong knowledge of latest IT technologies and solutions and ability to leverage that knowledge for advising on technology selection
- Experience in delivering IT transformational projects in public sector is preferable
- Demonstrate the ability to work with stakeholders to implement technology projects
- Driven and able to work independently as well as a part of an integrated, diverse team and be comfortable in delivering to tight deadlines within variable working environments and hierarchies
- Passion for Karandaaz’s mission and alignment with core values
- Project Management Qualification and/or certification is highly desirable
- Experience with Agile methodology will be an added advantage
Culture & Values at Karandaaz
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in the Karandaaz Vision & Values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till 27th January, 2022.
Karandaaz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and differently-abled individuals are encouraged to apply.