Technical Project Manager
Report to: Director, Digital Financial Services
Application deadline for the position is August 16, 2016
Karandaaz Pakistan is seeking a technology focused professional with a strong background in complex technology projects. The individual selected would interface with vendors and key stakeholders to define infrastructure requirements, to manage prototype development, and to communicate the technology strategies to a wide audience. The individual will serve as an in-house technical expert on the DFS team and will be expected to provide technical expertise in order to shape and influence DFS projects, activities and deliverables. Furthermore, the individual will support the senior management in identifying and developing local technology collaboration and partnerships that will be critical in shaping DFS team’s understanding of technology landscape and for creating successful initiative outcomes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all technical components of the work plan to create an implementable road map for Karandaaz
- Establish a set of core technology design principles that will be needed to guide technical interventions deploying payment systems architecture in Pakistan
- Identify critical technology gaps in the DFS infrastructure and also highlight the opportunities to address these.
- Create Terms of References and Scopes of Works, in line with Karandaaz procurement policies, to engage technical consultants and technology consulting companies for development of innovative solutions.
- Undertake effective project management and timely collaboration between vendors and various internal stakeholders; ensuring end-to-end implementation and deployment of technology solutions for Pakistan’s Digital Financial Services landscape
- Provide expert advisory on DFS Technology to senior management, internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with developer community, organizations and individuals that influence technology innovation, delivery and adoption in country; advocate for DFS platform design and technology principles among these senior constituents.
- Maintain updated technical knowledge of developments in areas relevant to the DFS platform, including payment switching, mobile wallets, identity, and alternative currencies. Be able to communicate this information to a range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Any other task as assigned by the line manager / Team lead
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences or related fields required from a renowned national or international university. Master’s degree preferred in the above mentioned disciplines
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the Telecom/ financial sector (8 years required in case the individual has not done a Master’s degree)
- Experience developing system architectures particularly in the mobile banking technology space.
- Deep technical understanding of digital payment services, fraud & risk management, API management, and data base management.
- Experience managing complex technology projects and teams to on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Should have understanding of open source development and developer community, and be actively engaged with tech innovators.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate large and complex ideas and recommendations to a diverse set of stakeholders including highly technical and non-technical audience.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to think out of the box and solve critical technology issues and communicate solution recommendations to a disparate group of stakeholders.
- Must be self-driven, highly organized and able to work and deliver in a diverse team and start-up environment
Note: Interested individuals, with a deep understanding of the digital financial services industry (mobile money, branchless banking, payment services etc), can send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position title in the subject line.