Women Financial Inclusion Advisor
Report to: Chief Digital Officer
Application deadline for the position is April 21, 2020
Guided by Karandaaz vision, we believe that every Pakistani deserves to be Financially Included and Economically Empowered. Our Mission at Karandaaz is to Foster economic growth and create jobs through financial inclusion of unbanked individuals and unserved enterprises.
Karandaaz Pakistan is a Non-profit organization, based out of Islamabad, registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan under Section 42 of the Companies Act 2017. We are supported by Department for International Development (DFID) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Karandaaz is governed by an eminent board who set the strategy of the organization and steer it towards achievement of its objectives.
KRN Digital unit within Karandaaz Pakistan is managing a broad-based program to catalyze and support wide variety of stakeholders to help increase digital financial inclusion in Pakistan. The KRN unit, further aims to reduce the gender gap in financial inclusion by designing and implementing multiple interventions.
To help reduce the gender gap, KRN Digital is looking for a dynamic, passionate gender and social inclusion specialist to develop and lead a high-quality Gender Inclusion program that ensures women benefit from KRN’s efforts. The role will be responsible for understanding and subsequently working towards eliminating the systemic, and practice-based biases, constraints that prevent women from fully benefiting from financial services or using financial services to fulfill their ambitions.
The gender advisor will be responsible for developing and implementing KRN Digital’s gender work – integrating gender mainstreaming and gender transformative approach to existing programmatic work.
Job Description and Key Results Areas:
Some specific tasks of the Gender Advisor would include the following,
Strategic & Main Streaming:
- Lead KRN Digital’s gender inclusion strategy, implementation, evidence monitoring, impact and learning agenda.
- Understanding the Landscape: Lead KRN Digital’s understanding (supply-side and policy efforts, demand-side needs) on current engagements across all industry actors on gender in financial services
- Mainstreaming: Understand, integrate and develop tools to effectively monitor gender mainstreaming among KRN digital programs
- Lead the development of KRN Digital’s gender programs
- Develop tools to support gender and disability integration within KRN and partner interventions.
- Equip the staff and partner staff with gender analysis and assessment tools to enhance performance.
- Support the development of action plans for gender activities.
- Support the monitoring and review of gender work within KRN and partner organizations.
Research, Thought Leadership:
- Plan and coordinate gender research initiatives and ensure dissemination of research findings
- Develop policy briefs, blogs and other relevant communication outputs for easy dissemination of research findings in conjunction with the communications team.
- Develop quality and meaningful insights from research to inform the industry.
- Conduct periodic contextual analysis on women financial services to inform policy advocacy and programming.
- Identify information needs/research gaps and develop gap filing strategies
- Represent KRN and participate in policy forums
- Liaise with other national and international women financial inclusion development partners to develop Pakistan specific case studies and insights
Monitoring and Reporting on gender work in Karandaaz:
- Provide professional guidance to staff and partners on gender monitoring and evaluation.
- Make recommendations on changes on set strategies where necessary
- Ensure evidence-based reporting mechanisms for Sex and Age Disaggregated Data (SADD)
Any other task as may be required by the supervisor.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in gender studies, development economics, development finance or related Any additional training course on financial inclusion will be added advantage.
- At least 7-10 years of demonstrable experience, 5 of which have been in developing and implementing a gender portfolio, gender-related programming – preferably in the financial services domain.
- Results orientated individual who can work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player with key stakeholder groups including other DFS team members, senior management and partners
- Demonstrable experience in gender mainstreaming within programs
- Demonstrable experience either developing gender tools and frameworks and / or delivering these frameworks and tools (internally within the organization and externally with partners)
- Exceptional analytical and communications skills
- Experience of working with policymakers, regulatory bodies would be a plus
Culture and Values at Karandaaz:
Karandaaz Culture is guided by our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Equity (ICARE). These values shape our choices on what we do and how we do it, both with colleagues internally and partners externally. We also believe that we are all responsible for creating a great place to work and are constantly looking to hire individuals who bring the same level of passion and commitment to the purpose of the organization.
If you believe in Karandaaz vision and values and feel excited about the work we are offering, please send us your application for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position title in the subject line. We will be accepting submissions till April 21st, 2020.
Karandaaz is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disabilities and encouraged to apply.